Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
daypaw wasnt focused on what they were saying, instead focused on their reflection in the small puddles. they stared at their self. if geckoleaf were here, shed be wishing them nothing but the best. shed be calming them of their nervousness with the most reassuring attitude. they didnt even have a chance to say goodbye. questions whirled through their head. why would she leave? why would they leave them alone? she had promised that shed be the one to give them their full name. this ceremony felt bitter sweet. they were surrounded by cats who cared about them though, it wasnt like they had nothing. but she..she was their other half. they laid down, closing their eyes preparing to be washed away into the realms of starclan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Charmer @woly

Juniperpaw crouched on the other side of the ShadowClan medicine cat, briefly casting a glance at Daypaw before sharply looking to the calm waters just below her. A firm frown was stretched across her muzzle, and her scowl was shot back at her due to her reflection in the puddle. She folded her ears back in distaste, looking away from the water and focusing on Shinefang. Her tail-tip twitched nervously on the rocky ground, and she shuffled her paws uneasily. She felt like she knew where this story was going...

Ah! There it is; the inspirational speech. Juniperpaw smiled a painful smile, gazing at Shinefang in appreciation. And then she quickly transformed her weak smile into a teasing grin as she meowed, ``I mean.. If you could do it, Shinefang, I certainly can!``
Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
daypaw stared at the water with broken amber hues as the tom spoke. they couldnt help but relate to the tom, having loss after loss. maybe they shouldn't have pushed him aside so quickly. ¨i understand clearly,¨ the spoke for the first time that night,¨im about to accept the one thing i never thought i wanted. to be a medicine cat. i was only a moon away from being a warrior when that was stripped away from me forcefully, just because some starry cat said so.¨ their tone was bitter, eyes going into slits as they stared at their reflection. they could've had it all: the normal life, doing normal things. it wasnt like it was all bad, they had grown close with juniperpaw and geckoleaf through this rank. they had made some family. ¨i have faced starclan countless times in the brink of death yet i am given breath when there are others so much more worthy,¨ at this, they were mentioning cricketpaw. they had not forgotten about the young shecat that had saved their life during the flood, and had given them something that they couldnt think of having: love. she loved them, and they loved her. they were a due, the bestest of friends. basically tied at the hip. and starclan had taken her away. ¨they refuse to guide loved ones home, they play a merciless game of god.¨ they snarled lowly. geckoleaf had been the last straw. after cricketpaw, they didnt think that they would be able to open up to anyone. but when on the riverclan floor dying--geckoleaf had saved them. she have freed their lungs of water and cradled them while they cried, and had watched them fall apart; their grumpy exterior gone. she was gone too. ¨whats the damn point of being a medicine cat if i cant even saved my loved ones!¨ reaching forward, they clawed at their reflection in the water, their paw growing cold from the water and giving off a soft splash. pulling their paw back close to their chest, they sighed.
¨i just want this to be over with.¨
(Hmmmmm corruptive influence perhaps?)

Shinefang flicked an ear at Juniperpaw. "You don't sound very sincere, Junebug. That's fine. At your age, I wouldn't have listened to an old fool like me either. It's in the nature of us older cats to save the younger generation time." He lifted a paw to lightly cuff the younger cat. "You'll see that it's true. You can be great, and you will."

To Shinefang's surprise, Daypaw spoke for the first time that night. To his even greater surprise, the younger cat seemed to like Starclan about as much as he did. The old tom had always been grateful for his life as a warrior. He had loved it, and it had been a good life for him. He was here now to officially become a medicine cat because it was what his clan needed. Shinefang would happily die for his clan. When he stopped being able to keep up with patrols and he was looking at spending the rest of his days in the elder's den, he took this position because he wasn't down serving Skyclan. Now he'd serve them until the day he died. But there was another reason too. One that he'd shared with his mate when he visited Starclan the night she came to him in his dream. He leaned in to whisper in Daypaw's ear, so that they'd know the reason too: the reason he got up every morning happy to be a medicine cat: "Every cat you do save is a cat the foxhearts can't have."

He pulled back then, a conspiratory grin on his face. Most cats didn't understand his views on Starclan. They though he was too bitter, too unforgiving. He wasn't. They had stolen his mate from him. His kits. They had robbed him of the simple wish to live a happy life with his family. How could anyone expect him to forgive that. "Shall we get going then? Sorry for the delay. You know us geezers. We've gotta talk younger cat's ears off."