View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: ShadowClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
Marbleface had somewhat expected that answer, she wished that she hadn't let the opinion slip. She didn't really want to explain why either. It was bleak and lonely, she related to it and enjoyed it because of that. She was born just before the last leaf-bare and the cold numbness it had brought her had been comforting through her family's hectic life. Her emerald eyes were a deep troubled color as she let her eyes wander up the moors, trying to turn them away from Jaguarclaw so that he wouldn't notice. "With my white pelt it's easier to hunt." She explained instead. In a way it was true, but it just wasn't the real reason why she enjoyed the cold. The mottled cat tried to lighten her mood as she stared across the open space of the moors. She often wished she had been born into that clan, where she could use her agility to race through the big open fields. Though she also enjoyed the comfort and gloominess of her home in Shadowclan. She truly was a Shadowclan cat at heart, but she was a dreamer of sorts and definitely an adventurer. Being confined to a border sort of constricted her wandering spirit. Though she wanted to be the best, most loyal warrior in the clan more than she wanted to explore and experience the world beyond her territories.
The dreams brought a small smile to her face and she glanced back at Jaguarclaw, now that she felt confident enough to make eye contact again. "Which is your favorite season?" She asked it more out of politeness than curiosity, for it was always nice to ask someone's opinion just after you had announced yours. Plus knowing what living condition a cat like the most offered a lot about their personality, and she [I]was[I] curious as to what type of cat Jaguarclaw really was underneath his mannerism.

Jaguarclaw took into account that her white pelt would make her a much better hunter in leaf-bare. Surely that couldn't be the only reason why was it? He didn't want to push her into answering the question. Instead the Bengal simply nodded in agreement, his soft hues moving towards the open moors once more. Thankfully there's been no sign of Windclan cats or any signs of them crossing the border, but deep down he sort of wished for that excitement. Clan life could be boring sometimes. Restrictions and borders all crashing down on his shoulders. The rules that he must always keep in mind. Jaguarclaw sometimes wished he could see what life would be like outside of the clans, but he knew voicing these thoughts could send him into a world of hurt. His reputation would falter and the respect many cats showed him would dissipate.

The tom-cat shook his head to clear it. This wasn't time for those thoughts to fester. Right now he was holding a conversation with a clan mate. As much as he enjoyed thinking about life outside the clans, he loved attention from she-cats. It could be frowned upon, but he didn't care. He made up for this act by acting gentleman-like. He made sure they were treated well and with the respect the need, but don't get him wrong, he'll defend his clan mates in this way as well. You could say he's just a bit biased. Jaguarclaw blinked, his hues shifting towards Marbleface again. His green hues, soft and filled with wonder. "Well I do enjoy new-leaf," he began, thinking about the season where everything came back to life. "It's gorgeous during that time. Everything is renewed and beginning to thrive. Hunting becomes less of a task and just the welcoming sense about it from about all cats is delightful," he finished, his hues dancing with delight now that he had shared his thoughts.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL