View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 01:24 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Seeing how friendly Cedarpaw was being towards Lynxpaw, the dark apprentice narrowed her yellow eyes - before she understood what he was doing. Being friendly wasn’t in her nature… she wasn’t used to being pleasant to other cats, especially not the lazy, unnatural looking ones. Breathe. Breathe and smile, and pretend that her presence doesn’t bother you at all. That’s how you treat a clanmate, right? Especially one that you like. Ashpaw thought, closing her eyes for a moment and trying to picture herself smiling (not in a sarcastic, or truly happy, but a friendly manner) and all the tension erasing from her muscles. It worked… but she felt rather odd even standing there like that.

How ridiculous she must look, primped up and smiling, with her yellow eyes softened… and she didn’t even want to think about how her voice must sound. ”Yes, good afternoon. Do you have any big plans for later?” She wasn’t even sure how to speak to this other apprentice. Perhaps it would have been best to let her friend do the talking. But Ashpaw was determined to test out her “friendly look” on whoever she could find, trying to win them over to her cause. She was normally one to get directly to the point, or get inside someone’s head - this was a totally different form of manipulation. She stayed where she was, politely away from the two where she wasn’t too close to the stub-tailed freak, but not so far that it looked unnatural. She was the perfect distance, in her opinion.

She didn’t like Lynxpaw very much. For one thing, the other apprentice didn’t appear to belong in their Clan, and for another, she wasn’t as dedicated to her apprenticeship as some other cats were. Cedarpaw and herself being among those cats who were far more dedicated to learning. She had to struggle to keep herself calm, making sure that she wouldn’t explode on the other feline. That would be a shame… she would never want to mess this up. Yes, what a worthy cat to get for our cause. She’s definitely going to contribute a lot to us. I sincerely doubt she would ever do anything to mess us up… TOO badly.

It was hard for Ashpaw to trust other cats. And since she didn’t know - or care to know Lynxpaw - she was determined to talk to Cedarpaw later, about the type of cats that they should be getting. This little scrap was barely anything… but, she supposed, it was a start.

@Owl @Boba Fett

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.