View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2017, 06:07 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Joyous for the excuse to escape the nursery, Arctickit obliged with a chirp of, "Sure!" The kit padded over to the herbs, his maw stretched wide over the many plants, his pelt pickling with excitement. Though not every scent was quite pleasing, he was quite optimistic that each would be just as fun as to sort. His bright blue eyes glitter over to Geckoleaf a smile perched on his childish features. "What packets are we sorting?" he asked quietly, gazing over the herbs once more, trying to take in as much as he could, but it all jumbled together in a very minty scent. He cradled one that was very enticing to him; a very comforting scent that drew him closer. Arctickit backed up though, knowing that if he got any closer he would devour them. His pupils were wide, almost covering his entire eye, "What does this do?" he questioned Geckoleaf calmly, gesturing to the herb- catmint- with his grey-brown fluffy tail.
Watching the kitten, Geckoleaf felt a surge of joy fill her inexplicably, momentarily overpowering the ominous sense of pain in her chest. Arctickit was strikingly similar to her, from when she had first become interested in the world of healing. She remembered the wonder and awe when Marshsnow had taught her about herbs, the way they healed and interacted. She twitched her tail, and then slowly rose, her tears now stilled but wet in her fur. She then padded towards the young tom, and then sat next to him. He was already tall next to her, his ears reaching her shoulder when he was standing. He would be big.. Like Cougarstorm. She stiffened at that realization, and then swallowed hard, forcing the lump in her throat down. She couldn't freeze up again, not when this young tom was so promising. "That's catmint. It can be used to cure Greencough and kitten cough, and sometimes the odd sore chest," she responded, ears angled towards the kitten. "We'll sort traveling herb packs from healing ones. I'll teach you the scents, because they look the same on the outside."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending