Old June 2nd, 2017, 05:45 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
@fenic!

A molly slowly made her way towards the leader's den. She and Russetstar hadn't had much time to speak since he became leader. Her friend had become swamped with the duties of a leader when he had gotten his nine lives and therefore didn't seem to have much time for friends. Plus, he had to get a deputy shortly after gaining his leader status, which was another factor that must have taken up a lot of his time. Mistfall herself had been busy. Though her personal life seemed to be calming down - with the exception of her younger siblings - she still felt like she had to use all her energy to help Riverclan after the Evil Era and the painful leaf-bare. Due to her... questionable past concerning some things, she also felt like she had to try her hardest for anything that involved the clan, no matter what it was. Mistfall wanted to prove herself and make up for what she did - mostly to herself than anyone else.

She took a deep breath and let her pale orbs watch the ground for a moment. She wished that it wasn't such a sad event that caused her to finally go over to speak to her close friend. Maybe we'd be able to speak someday as just friends? To just spend time by the river or something, aimlessly talking about how we are doing.... The multicolored molly gave a small smile at the thought of just spending some time with Russetstar that didn't involve anything sad like this. But that doesn't seem like the life for me. A frown took over. Her life never seemed calm. She always had an obstacle. When she was a kit she had her father, when she was an apprentice she had Mistyeyes and then became a rogue, when she was old enough to become a warrior she lost the cat she loved, and when she returned it happened to be during the Evil Era.

The warrior felt like sometimes she never got a break form her own life.

"Russetstar? ... May I come in?" He called into the dark den softly. She did not wish to disturb him if he was pre-occupied. It wasn't terribly urgent. She just wanted to see how her friend was doing with the news of Blackgaze's accident. It was an honest shock that something like that could happen, even if the former deputy was blind she would never have expected something like that to happen. Her respected friend is now paralyzed... how could something like that even happen?
Russetstar had found himself rather stressed lately. With his previous deputy's injury and resignation and RiverClan's new deputy not exactly being a close friend of his either, he'd found himself burying his heart into his work, desperately trying to avoid the social interactions he was going to have to end up facing sooner or later. His ex-mate had just happened to rejoin the clan at the worst time possible, and his adoptive son had ended up having passed away. Pacing around the leader's den quietly, the russet leader's tail swished across the den floor in stress as he narrowed his eyes, claws absentmindedly digging into the camp floor as he let out a few distressed words under his breath, eyes darting around the den quickly. What do I even do now? If the clan doesn't even trust my deputy, what are they thinking about me?

Thankfully, RiverClan seemed to be one of the only clans staying out of trouble lately, for the most part. There'd been news of skirmishes between SkyClan and the Dusk Syndicate, and he'd heard of tensions between WindClan, an ally of his, and ThunderClan as well. In all honesty, he didn't think much of ShadowClan, but anything between their two clans was simply dirty looks and disdain- nothing more, really. Even though Halestar's the last cat I'd want to talk to right now, thankfully we're not at war. The two clans had always been rivals, and he hadn't expected everything to be sunshine and rainbows once Bucknight's rule had ended.

However, as he was brooding in his den alone, the tom's ears perked in curiosity as he could hear his friend calling in- though he found himself to be quite stressed at the moment, he couldn't simply deny her request. "Yes, yes, of course- come in, it's no problem."