View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Into Abandoned Territory [Closed]

@Aura @Okapi @Duskflight

Shinefang noticed that the pace as they came to the edge of the territory had stayed close to the same, and realized Grousestar must be keeping the pace easy for his sake. He was grateful for the kindness, and even more grateful that the tom hadn't said anything about it. The old medicine cat still had his pride to consider after all. Smogcloud moved ahead to chat with the leader, but he paid the pair no mind. And in the mean time, Kestralshade seemed to be drooling over something. Sure enough, there was the fallen oak near the scent line, and there was the cat mint plant. It looked every bit as puny and sad as he remembered. The plant was a pretty young one with only a couple a scraggly branches with no more than a few good leaves on each. He grunted as he pawed at one of the branches, his tail twitching thoughtfully. "I can maybe take a couple of these, but I'll have to leave enough to give the plant a better chance to grow more come newleaf." Shinefang knelt forward and carefully bit off four of the precious leaves. It was enough to conservatively treat one warrior for about a day, and greencough sometimes took several days to treat. He'd need more than this, and now that he remembered how good the leaves tasted and smelled, he was suddenly afraid the cats of the Dusk Syndicate would have lacked the self control to not gobble up every leaf.