View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2017, 04:57 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: October Gathering [Leaders]

@Suspiciousmindz
Snowstar jumped when Blazingstar's yowl ran out, and froze. It was like a plunge into icy water. Every fur on her pelt was bristling, and her ears stayed flat. But her ice blue eyes were now locked with the WindClan leader's, horror shining through in her eyes. How dare he call her out like that? His words reached her ears, but she wasn't really hearing him. Of course she heard his accusations - All true - But she already knew. So it wasn't as much of a shock to her as it probably would be to the other leaders, the other Clans. Snowstar shivered, but not because of the cold as her eyes lifted to the sky. StarClan, do something - Please! She pleaded in silence, watching the beautiful, bright moon before her eyes turned back to Blazingstar. True to his name, his eyes seemed to blaze with a fiery passion and it had Snowstar rooted to the spot. He truly believed she was the murderer here.

Her eyes didn't dart toward the WindClan cats not once, even when Blazingstar gestured toward them. Her ice blue eyes shifted between glancing toward the sky, and meeting Blazingstar's gaze. She wanted to turn tail and run. But, no. What would Gyrewind had done? He would have stayed and faced the WindClan leader. The shock ebbed away, though the icy feeling remained. But her eyes narrowed to slits as the accusations poured from the Tom's mouth. Not an ounce of guilt shone through her expression, until Blazingstar mentioned his warrior being held hostage in WindClan camp. It was then that the young leader flinched, ears folding back. Yes, that had been too far, she realized. But she had not put up a fight when Blazingstar came to retriever her. She kept her gaze on his, even when she asked her the one simple question.

"So, in all of this, you don't believe you did anything wrong?"

Snowstar considered this for a few moments, but her eyes stayed fixed on Blazingstar warily. Telling Blazingstar that, yes, one of her warriors had been killed by a WindClan cat. Was that wrong? No. Yes, taking a WindClan warrior hostage may have been going way too far. Stealing prey in her Clan's time of need, was that wrong? No. Snowstar had done what she thought to be right. Even if Blazingstar didn't agree with that. "No. I did nothing wrong." She finally spoke. "I have a right to stand up when one of my warriors is found dead at the border, reeking of WindClan. Perhaps taking your warrior was not a good idea, I'll admit. But no harm came to her, at least. And," She added coldly. "I will not deny that I sent patrols into WindClan to hunt. And I will not apologize, either. My Clan was starving. I had no other choice." She was throwing away her one chance to bring peace to the two Clans, end these tensions. But she didn't know that. She didn't know what Blazingstar intended. Though there was a horrible feeling, like a stone lodged in her stomach. She couldn't quite place it.

"So, no, Blazingstar. As far as I'm concerned, I have done nothing wrong."

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust

Last edited by Random Melody; October 19th, 2017 at 12:09 AM.