View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2018, 01:56 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

@king kaleb!

This was the absolute last place that Shadetail wanted to be.

His fear of the medicine den was something he tended to hide well. It had followed him from his days as a Dusk Syndicate fighter, where he would rarely seek the Healer's help with any injuries - just waiting until they scabbed over and healed by themselves. But here, in the Clan, injuries tended to not go unnoticed. His limp had caused several curious glances, and after a final push from Meadowflower, the tom decided to swallow his fear and visit Daydream. After all, he knew Meadowflower too well to even begin to think of arguing with the she-cat; she was just as stubborn as he was, if not more.

"Daydream? I think I might've... well, I definitely wrenched my shoulder," Shadetail called out as he limped into the den. By now, his shoulder had began to go a little numb, the sharp pain fading into a dull ache as the days rolled on. His gray fur near the site was unkept and kinked up a bit, as even drawing his tongue over the spot to wash caused pain. It stuck out at a weird angle, and even caused him to sleep in weird positions to abstain from the fiery symptoms that kept him up at night. He knew the injury most likely resulted from a misstep in the battle between ThunderClan and WindClan - a battle that shouldn't have even happened in the first place. But Shadetail was quick these days to prove himself to ShadowClan, and had gladly volunteered himself to fight in a battle he still questioned, even now after it was already over. Hopefully it bought me some points with the Clan, he thought, a sullen expression flashing in the depths of his yellow eyes. There were still those who despised him - like Ashnose - and that single thought made Shadetail's toes curl; he couldn't decide which was worse at the moment, his physical injuries or the turmoil that trapped him in his own mind. Will they ever fully trust me?

Last edited by Mauve; February 21st, 2018 at 01:56 PM.