View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2017, 06:21 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
"Thanks, that means a lot you know." She purred back. During these past few moons, not many cats had "had her tail" and she was grateful knowing she could count on Scorchingflame. Shellfeather had always known that the larger tom held some feelings for her, she wasn't blind. But before, she had never wanted to accept it, because she didn't want to break his heart. But now? Well, with Russetstar having a new mate and it have been like that for a while, Shellfeather felt okay with that fact that her and Scorchingflame had grown closer, and were now even having kits together.

Shellfeather smiled at his next words. She was very glad that he was taking this news the way she had hoped; with joy and love. "Well, I'm very lucky to have you then. because I feel like these kits might be more of a handful than most, with you being the father an all." She joked, nudging his shoulder playfully. Though she did believe her own joke to some extent. She was quite sure that with Scorchingflame's genes, these kits were going to be troublemakers. And stubborn too.

When he asked her if they were still friends, Shellfeather got confused at first. "Why would we- Oh..." After a moment, the queen realized what he was asking. Not if they were no longer friends, but if they were more than friends. For a moment, she sat there, watching him with large blue eyes. After a few moments, she took a breath. "Well, I'm not sure Scorchingflame.
But if I do know one thing, about myself that is, is that I definitely feel something towards you, something more than a friend. I'm not sure what it is yet, but it's growing."
She smiled up at him, a warm, kind smile, and she placed one of her paws over his own, looking down as she did. "Every day."

{AWW So mushy!!! I CANT!! GHSBUGDAH}
[ AWWZ he's been dreaming of this moment for AGES ]

``I'll treat you well, Shellfeather, I swear,`` Scorchingflame answered affectionately, looking down at Shellfeather with a loving gaze. Did he finally get what he wanted? Maybe so, but there was no certainty, unfortunately. Clearly, Shellfeather was not completely sure about what she felt, and it could be something that was not love... but Scorchingflame didn't want to think about that right now. ``Have- have you moved to the nursery yet?`` His eyes widened in realization, as he suddenly seemed to remember that she was carrying kits - surely it was unsafe to be continuing warrior duties? ``You haven't been accompanying patrols, have you?`` he asked frantically, a frightened expression shadowing his features.

Leaving no pause for Shellfeather to respond, Scorchingflame began anxiously rambling, ``Why- you should be resting! Oh, this is so exciting! I don't want anything to go wrong. I've heard so many stories where.. where things happen during kitting and I do not want that to happen to us. How many do you think there will be? Should we start thinking of names now? Is it too soon to do that?`` He was already pacing, nervously avoiding Shellfeather's gaze. ``I hope I can be a good father - an okay father, at least. At least I know you'll be a good mother. You'll correct me when I do something wrong, won't you? Oh, of course you will! I have nothing to worry about! Why am I freaking out?``

Inhaling heavily, Scorchingflame halted in place and attempted to calm himself down. All of a sudden, the anxieties just seemed to attack him, and he began to doubt himself as a father, as a lover. He didn't know if he was capable of doing this father-act, but he knew that with Shellfeather at his side then he wouldn't be tempted to run and hide. ``I'm okay now. Just those fatherly worries, y'know? Well, you wouldn't know - you're a mother, not a father. Okay, I'm going to shut up now before I worry myself again. How are you doing, Shellfeather?`` Scorchingflame flashed Shellfeather a tense smile, a futile attempt to distract him from his fears.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; November 27th, 2017 at 06:21 PM.