View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Lotusheart's friendly words about him being Quailpaw's mentor made the black tom's ears burn a little with embarassment, but he smiled anyways upon hearing her words. It was very sweet of her to say something like that. "Thank... thank you," He mewed, his mind momentarily on autopilot after she had spoken. There was a slight stutter when he spoke, having a higher level of embarassment then normal Even hearing the words come out of his maw didn't sound quite right, it sounded more like they were someone else's. He hadn't meant it to be that way, it just... was. "I'm really glad you're doing good, and... and Quailpaw's going to be a great apprentice, they're already doing great," The tom mewed with another friendly smile in Lotusheart's direction. She definitely deserved kudos for raising those kits mainly on her own - Jasperpelt had helped, and Fogstep had helped while he had been alive, but Lotusheart had done the hard work. Especially after her mate had died, she had gone on and become a shining beacon of hope for those kits. He doubted they would have turned out as great without her guidance. If she ever decides to have a mate again... that's a lucky tom. Jasperpelt thought, his smile faltering a little despite the fact it should have been a happy thing to think about. Somehow, it just didn't feel right - there being someone else there.

Lotusheart grew very happy at Jasperpelt's words about her offspring, Quailpaw. The little feline had always been strong and she was glad they were in good paws. "Oh, what am I going to do when they're all warriors. They'll be all grown up and I won't see them too often, that thought breaks my heart," she spoke, saddening a little, however she knew that was the wrong reaction. Fogstep would've loved to see them become warriors and Lotusheart was going to love seeing them be warriors too. She smiled a little again as she changed her thought process. "Anyways, I have news," she replied. She knew how helped Jasperpelt had been with her biological litter of kittens, but she wasn't sure how helpful he'd be when she announced what was on her mind. Speaking of, she shouldn't be away for much longer, perhaps she'd bring him back to the nursery again? Just as she always did when the kittens were very young.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL