View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2017, 06:22 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post

“Damn right, you aren’t.” Cuckoosnarl growled, seeing him step away. The falsehood was but a test; how far would Larkfall go to stop himself from questioning him? How deep did his control go? Not far enough, it seemed. It was never enough. The tension held in the calico’s pelt told him more than the words he spoke-- Lark was reaching the end of his rope, and Cuckoosnarl would be damned if he didn’t ensure he was the one who brought him crawling back. “Can you prove to me you didn’t do any of what I said, then, boy? You think you can take me for a fool? Don’t think your snivelling will get you anywhere. I’ve known how to deal with you long enough.”

His thin tail lashed, the imposing shape of him cutting against the sunset. Baring his teeth, he took another step towards the smaller tom. “Go on, then,” he purred, words oozing like blood from a wound. “Cry wolf. Tell everyone what I did to you, what I’ve been doing to you. How I’ve almost killed you so many times and made you feel like you’re worth nothing. You know why I’m asking you nicely, Larkfall, hm?” Leering closer to the smaller feline, Cuckoosnarl smiled, his expression misleading as anything. “Because I know you’ll never do it. You’ll never react. You’ll never respond. Because you love it; you love me. You love everything I do to you, for all you do to convince everyone that you don’t.” Every sentence was tripping over the other, becoming quicker but landing the exact blows he meant them to. Maybe he forgot to veil the poison with honey this time, but whatever prompted the tirade hadn’t passed. In a terrible voice, he continued, “Why don’t you admit it? That you love me-- and love this?”

He struck.
he stared at him. for once, he didnt see the cuckoo he fell in love with. he didnt see the handsome tom that made him breathless, he didnt see the warrior that he thought was so strong and protective. he someone manipulative. he saw a cat who had exhausted him, had made him dull, to wash away his personality completely for his own gain. why? why had cuckoo wanted to control every vein in his body? hearing his words--him acknowledge him attempting to kill lark, only made his blood run cold. his cuckoosnarl? his baby? had tried to kill him? it was intended? larkfall was alot of things. he was gullible, easy to believe cuckoos lies. he was eager to please and had a low self esteem,hungry for any piece of affection that he would grant him. but he was not dumb. while he was easily blinded, he was not stupid, and knowledge was the one thing cuckoo couldnt take away from him. seeing him step forward he stood up more. in reality, he was actually alot taller then cuckoo, forced to walk low to the ground in submission for countless seasons. he stood up. white splotched fur rose to be twice his size, tail nervously flickers from side to side. hearing that familiar purr, that familiar sneer of words, he crumbled. he was nothing without cuckoo. he was not a living being, without him he was worth less then a piece of prey. used for a certain purpose. but he felt a certain amount of bravery, and seeing cuckoo take a step closer only fueled that. he raised a paw. he struck across his cheek.
¨get away from me!¨
he wanted a reaction.hed get one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"Yeah, yeah, I definitely get that," The dark tom smiled in a friendly manner. It was nice to talk to another tom for once. He hung out with she cats a lot and, well, as much as he enjoyed his friends' company, there was always drama surrounding them. It was like he couldn't go anywhere without getting a bunch of that drama. But he loved his friends, and he would never want to get rid of them or change them - just their situations, perhaps. If there was a way to go back in time and make it clear that he WASN'T going to have feelings right away for any of them, or somehow trick them into having feelings for someone else, he would do that too... because it was a problem for the tom. Yes, she cats could be complicated. And toms could as well. He was more complicated then he cared to admit, as was his past, and he was careful not to talk about it. Lies were surrounding it, and as much as Obsidiansky hated lying, he was actually good at it. For someone who had the virtue of honesty... sometimes the dark tom didn't act much like he did. "Hm? Oh, I'm doing good," He mewed with another bright smile. There was something off about Larkfall - except Obsidiansky couldn't pinpoint it. There was just something that felt... well... wrong.
¨t-thats good! its..nice to see good moods after the stress with t-thunderclan.¨ he attempted at conversation. though that was honestly rather hard when half of his focus was on the den entrance, for any moment that cuckoosnarl would walk in to see him talking to obsidiansky. it wasnt the toms fault, and he probably thought he was acting weird, but larkfall couldnt be too conscious or careful. if..his mate saw him like this..he shivered at the thought. itd most likely end up with him being forcefully dragged intp windclan terrtory and given a ¨punishment¨. cuckoosnarl always said they were out of love, that they were meant to teach him, make him learn, that he was only jelous and had to be careful around other toms because they could take away lark from him so easily, and he didnt want that. it made larkfall feel wanted for a moment, but there was always that space in the back of his mind where he knew that wasnt true. he doesnt love me.