View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 02:01 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"I'm not busy," The feline said. Her voice was unusually soft, a result of feeling drained and tired. This first loss had not been easy on her, and she hadn't felt much like eating or sleeping - and she'd just starting doing both more reguarly after Wheatfur's death. The she cat flicked her tail, inviting Snowstar to sit down. A conversation might do her some good. She was mainly waiting for the leader to initiate it, however. She knew about the tensions with WindClan - there was no advice she could give on that, just that she was sick of it and frankly wished that it would end. If the topic came up, she was likely to say so in no uncertain terms, but at the same time, Caliapaw really wanted to stay on the young leader's good side. Wheatfur hadn't had much to say about Snowstar, and the medicine cat had always wondered why. Maybe they hadn't been very close? She wanted to ask about that, but just in case there was bias, she didn't want her memories of the former medicine cat tarnished or darkened in any way. She had good memories of the tom. "I might sort some herbs while we talk, if you don't mind." The den was fairly clean, since Caliapaw had been doing nothing but working pretty much since Ivypaw had died, with the occasional break. The apprentice's death had hit her pretty hard. Especially since she had currently been trying to save her when she died.
"I don't mind at all," Snowstar said softly. She took a few more careful steps into the den before settling down, curling her black tail around her paws and focusing on the young medicine cat. She was silent for a long moment, thinking of what to say. "Have you been... Doing well?" She finally meowed, her voice careful, her gaze full of compassion as she studied Caliapaw carefully. "This all must be quite hard on you." She sighed warily, shifting her paws a little and letting her gaze flicker around the den. Yes, it must be hard on the young cat. To be suddenly thrown into this. Becoming medicine cat apprentice and then having her mentor die and then suddenly, Caliapaw was the medicine cat. Suddenly she had to worry about herbs and sick or injured cats and whatever it was medicine cats had to worry about. She didn't know exactly how hard it was, but she assumed it was quite hard. But that was okay - She would try to help the young medicine cat. Just to be there if she needed something, or needed to talk. That's what Snowstar did best, after all, was just be there. Help other cats. That's what she did. That's what she loved to do. So she would be there for Caliapaw, as well.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust