View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Charmer @Leo the Loke

Juniperpaw was quickly on her paws, whipping around at the sound of the plants forming the den entrance rustle. She found herself facing a young kit she recognized as Perchkit, and who she assumed was his mother - what was it...? Holly... Hollydawn! Yes, thats it. Her gaze was drawn to the young kit before her, and she adopted a sympathetic expression as he claimed his stomach hurt. Juniperpaw didn't even acknowledge the mother whose worry seemed to radiate off her in waves. She was focused intently on Perchkit, her patient, who had just sunk to the floor, tears lining his eyes. He was obviously in pain.

The young medicine cat who was practically a kit herself lowered her head until she was level with the tom. ``Hello, kit. I'm Juniperpaw, and I'm going to help you get better, okay?`` In all honesty, Juniperpaw didn't know what to do. This was her first patient, and she had only the basic knowledge of herbs. The kit didn't seem to be injured on the outside, based off what he claimed and what Juniperpaw saw. It was a stomach issue, she knew that much, but she didn't know of any herbs that would be of much use for the poor kit.

She didn't feel comfortable moving the tom, so she instead let him lie where he was, and then Juniperpaw went with her instincts. ``Could you roll over for me? So I could get to your stomach? I'm going to just press gently on your belly, alright? Tell me when it hurts?`` Juniperpaw moved to the kits' flank, closer to Hollydawn who hovered nearby. She didn't even look at the awaiting mother, who would probably soon be very upset with Juniperpaw. Carefully, the apprentice brought her paws to the kit's side and began to press her toes to the kit's belly. She searched for hardness or anything that wasn't normal, and she listened for whenever Perchkit may claim pain. She was only doing what she thought Geckoleaf might've done.
@Leo the Loke

"O-ok," Perchkit murmured. This is exactly what he had been afraid of, getting poked. With another glance at his mother, who had reassured him that he'd feel better the little tabby tom rolled onto his back gingerly. He winced as she pressed don here and there. No place on his belly felt good, but when the medicine cat pressed where his stomach was, he yelped in pain and curled his body into a ball, defensively covering his abdomen. A sob racked his body. "That hurt!" he said, looking at Juniperpaw with an irate expression, face twisted in pain. "Mommy, can't I just go back to my nest? I just wanna, slee-" Perchkit's words were cut off as his stomach suddenly gave a reflexive heave. Half-digested milk came spilling out, and as the kit looked at the mess on the den floor, there was a brightness mixed in. He'd seen enough warriors come back with wounds after the battle at the gathering to know that it was blood. "M-mommy?" he stammered, eyes wide with alarm and fear.