View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2016, 03:25 PM

My Mood: Queenly
Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
Rookpaw's fur prickled feeling a set of eyes burning into his pelt. He glanced around and caught the gaze of Harrierpaw. It took a moment to recognize the tom. That was Willowpaw's brother, wasn't it? He had only interacted with the shy tom a couple times and then his sister had done much of the talking. It was such a shame when the molly disappeared. She was a pretty one too. Perhaps he should reintroduce himself? It had been a while since the last time they had really seen each other. Before they became apprentices, even. Before he knew it, his paws were talking him over to the tom.

"Hey, Harrier. I know It's been a while but I'm Rookpaw. I was a friend of Willow. Um, I'm sorry about that by the way."

He scolded himself internally. He wouldn't want to be reminded of that. Harrier had clearly found it hard to function even when his sister had still been around. He couldn't imagine how much it must hurt to think about her. Her disappearance. What might have happened. Why did he have to bring it up?

Having gotten caught up in his own thoughts, Harrierpaw barely even noticed Rookpaw walking over. The tom didn't even notice what the other apprentice had said. He had to force himself to hold back a startled squeal when he snapped back into reality. When he realized who it was standing in front of him, his throat began to tighten up and he was at an utter loss for words. Why was Rook here? Why had he of all cats in the clearing caught his attention? Oh StarClan, had he been staring at the other apprentice? Harrier's face began to heat up with embarrassment. He opened his mouth to attempt to apologize for being so rude but now sound came out. He must have looked ridiculous. Sitting there wide-eyed and slack jawed, frozen on the spot. All he could do was stare up at Rookpaw, caught in his gaze. He really did have beautiful eyes. Emerald green with a darker ring around the edges. He had never noticed that before, never gotten close enough to see it.
You felt the weight of the world fall off the shoulder
And to your favorite song we sang along, to the start of forever

And after all this time
I'm still into you