View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 01:11 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
Emberwing watched the younger kit with a joyful expression covering her face, ears perked and tail still held high in the air. Her eyes followed the moss ball with no problem or difficulty, but it occurred to her that Brightkit might have some trouble watching it. Her heart began to sink a little as she realized this, however it wasn't too long after that a smile overtook her maw. She felt proud as the calico kitten was able to leap high into the air and bat the moss ball back towards her. I have no doubt that her blindness won't get in the way of her training, she thought to herself, a warm feeling of pride erupting in her veins.

"I got it!" she yelped back, the russet colored warrior scooting back on her haunches and lifting her chest off the ground, one forepaw already extended and ready to catch the moss ball. Her paw was hooked - a perfect u-shape for the ball - and it connected perfectly with her paw. Using the momentum it had carried, Emberwing moved her forepaw through the air, sending the moss ball sailing back over to Brightkit. "You might have to run a bit for this one!" she warned in a playful tone, but was sure Brightkit would be able to catch it.

It had been awhile since Emberwing had been this carefree. Not since her apprentice days it seemed. Outside of her training, and once her daily duties were completed, she remembered lounging around camp with her friends, then apprentices as well, and discussing menial tasks such as the grumpy elders who always insisted they still had ticks in their fur, or the cocky warriors who always believed that they would be the best, and no one else would compare. Now, during her warrior days, things were a lot busier. It was nice to have some time to be a 'paw again - even a kit.
With a pleased expression, and a yelp of giddiness, Brightkit scrambled after the moss-ball, squealing as she was able to catch sight of the moving object with her good eye. Again, it was a little fuzzy and she was having some trouble, but for the most part, she was proud of herself for being able to keep up. Brightkit was doing great! The calico kitten stumbled a little - tripping over something in her path, and her balance was suddenly thrown off as the world tumbled around, the small cat tumbling over on the ground, mewling helplessly for a minute before she was able to regain her bearings and see what had happened. Oops! Silly me, the tiny kit thought with a laugh before she leapt to her paws, her tail held high in the air and her head doing the same as she smiled at Emberwing.

”I’m okay!” She called over to the warrior, causing a few other cats to give her exasperated glances, but she ignored them all as she scrambled towards the now fallen moss-ball and cheerfully nudged it with her paws all the way back to a good starting point, where she batted it up into the air with her head, then hit it towards Emberwing with her paw. It wasn’t a good hit - but Brightkit had developed the strategy herself over time, and often used it in a good game. ”Get it, get it, get it!” She squealed happily, watching Emberwing, and - with more difficulty - the mossy ball hurtling towards her. Her tail lashed back and forth with excitement as she eagerly examined both figures.

This was, by far, one of the she cat’s favorite games. She would be an apprentice soon, and she might have more duties - but she would never lose her interest in a good game of moss-ball. It was one of the best games to play, after all! Brightkit had never understood how anyone could lose their interest in kithood fantasies and games. Those were the best kind, weren’t they? After all, the she cat knew when you got older, you were forced to let those things go for a little while so you could focus on more “realistic” situations. But, when you were allowed to have them again, why wouldn’t you grab ahold of them and make sure they never got away again?

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.