View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBite View Post
The next day the two she-cats set off for the river. Rocks and tuffs of grass fell beneath SnakeBites paws, scraping up her soft pads. Soon the river was only a few fox lengths away, she got into a crouch. She waited for SilverMask to dive in, then both cats sank into the crystal water leaving the world of legs behind. SilverMask swam as if she was a thin Pheno, no need or urge for air, or land. It was like when they had no kits, and no warrior responsibility, free like an eagle soaring over camp. SnakeBite in an instant spotted a, of what she thought was a brass, but do brass even live in a river like this? But it wasn't her problem, she just needed to feed her clan, so she lounged for it, another cat, or 2, feed. She swam up plopping her catch on land, and she saw SilverMask come and drop off her catch too.

The two thin cats carried a plentiful catch for the clan. They saw the dawn petrol scamper to the boarder with their apprentices. Quickly SnakeBite noticed CalicoHeart with her apprentice BirdPaw, and of course TangleHeart. They all greeted and carried on. Soon the two friends neared camp.
Silvermask silently followed Snakebite out to the river where they planned to hunt together. A slight breeze ruffled her gray and black fur the wrong way, making her shiver. Ignoring the stinging cold of the wind on her ear tips, the RiverClan warrior matched Snakebite's footing pawstep for pawstep. When the two reached the river, Silvermask waited a moment to view the reflection of the sky on the water. The sky was a blue-gray colored, but looked dull on the water's surface. Small rays of sunlight were cast through the spaces in between each white ball of fluff in the sky above. Silvermask could just barely see the bottom of the river where the sun shone on it. No longer able to keep herself away, Silvermask dove into the water. The water was cool, maybe a little too cool to be swimming in, but the she-cat continued to paddle under the water anyway. Her head emerged from the water not long after. She kept her head above the water long enough to take in a deep breath before diving back down. She immediately spotted a group of minnows and one or two big fish. Using every muscle in her well-toned legs, Silvermask thrust herself forward, capturing a trout between her paws. The warrior felt the fish begin to struggle away from her paws, but not before she killed it with a finishing bite to its neck.

Panting, Silvermask emerged from the water once more and dragged her kill to shore. She was delighted to see Snakebite had caught something just as good as her own catch. The warrior itched to get their catches to the cats waiting back at camp. She had, after all, promised to bring Snakebite's kits the juiciest fish in the river. They might even be the best fed kits in all the Clans too!

"It's about time we get back to camp," Silvermask said after shaking her pelt free of water. The droplets exploded into the air and landed on the ground around them. The warrior finally bent down take her catch in her jaws and began to carry it towards camp.

On their way back to camp, the two she-cat encountered the dawn patrol. Silvermask quickly dipped her head in greeting and moved on. When the two neared the camp, the silvery she-cat's pace slowed. She looked at her friend for a moment.

"I'm glad we did this," She mewed around the trout. "It's been far too long since we've hunted together. It was fun." Silvermask's green eyes were gleaming. Her tail flicked happily behind her.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic