View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:57 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgefur View Post
[ooc: Oof, you do well with your post size! ]

Twiglike limbs flailing as he scrambled out from underneath the ThunderClan apprentice, Stiltpaw's heart beat headily in his ears, drowning out the hisses and yowls of his clanmates until they were not much more than white noise. He didn't know the feeling of a good fight like the she-cat did, adrenaline had begun to kick in but what skill might grow from it was less tactful, more instinctive and self-preserving than what an older, trained apprentice might experience. In the dim light, darkening more as storm clouds set upon them, the tom's pale orange eyes were giant, owl-like, with pupils so big they could rival a bramble berry. Set in a skinny but tall frame, he must have looked particularly strange. His opponent too bushed up her coat and tail, and at her sharp hiss the tom managed a high-pitched warning growl.

"Frog-dirt!" Was all that Stiltpaw hissed in retort, before he put his weight on his haunches, lean muscle of his body taut, and drew up his forepaws in a boxing manner. With claws drawn from their sheaths, the young ShadowClanner quickly threw out a hit with one paw, trying to aim for the she-cat's nose while keeping the other paw ready to strike a second blow.
{Oh, thank you >.<" Was actually worried it might not be enough haha!}
Everything around Raccoonpaw faded into a blur and the very sounds seemed to be blocked out of her ears, everything being focused on the apprentice in front of her and the small area they around themselves to fight. She found it useful to block out everything around her and focus solely on this conflict, though it did leave her open to attack if any other Shadowclan apprentice decided to jump in, or even a warrior. However, she forced herself to not think about that. She couldn't predict everything in a fight and she certainly didn't need to spend her time trying to do that. From her gaze, he looked nervous, like he had never had a battle before, as if he had never actually been trained to battle anyways. Was he a new apprentice? Get your thoughts back on track! Her mind yowled, forcing her to lash her tail, her claws flexing as she watched him for his next move, wanting to play more of a defensive strategy now that she had used her element of surprise.

"That's what you're going to be when I'm through with you!" She immediately yowled back in response, backing up just slightly as she saw him rearing up on his hind legs and drew up his forepaws and quickly swatted out, aiming right for her nose. It was a split second decision, but she decided to go for it. She let the strike it her nose, but then surged forward, head down, going to attempt to headbutt him in the chest, to send him sprawling backwards since he was on his hind legs, planning to start battering him once he was on the ground if her hit landed.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?