View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2017, 03:11 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Willowpaw half smiled. She was grateful for the statement, but she now realized it sounded too much like a statement than a praise. Willowpaw continued on with the molly ahead of her, but came to an abrupt stop as Nightshade stopped. Her white paws padded up beside her mentor, careful not to pass the invisible border. Willowpaw acknowledged her question with a nod as she was already smelling the RiverClan air. She could easily distinguish ShadowClan and RiverClan as she had spent a moon or two with them during the Flood. She had always hated the fish, but she had to eat. "RiverClan has a fishy smell while ShadowClan has a more earthy, pine tree smell," she responded as-a-matter-of-factly. Willowpaw stared at the invisible line, trying to imagine it. She had to know exactly where the border was in the future, or she would likely stir up drama in the Clans. Willowpaw shuddered at the thought. She wanted to stand out, but not like that. Trying to get back on track, Willowpaw tried to imagine the scents of the other Clans. She was sure she wouldn't have to worry about SkyClan's. She knew they were far from the Clans. ThunderClan... she could imagine that they too had an earthy smell. She heard the cats hunt in the undergrowth. Ugh. Imagine having burrs in your pelt every day. Then there was WindClan. Perhaps they would smell like.. smell like.. Willowpaw frowned. She couldn't think of a smell! Oh well, she thought. I'm sure I'll know it when I smell it. Willowpaw looked back at her mentor, awaiting further instruction.
Nightshade listened to Willowpaw quietly, not seeming bothered by the strong scent of fish and water like most cats would be. "Very good." She said simply, not saying anything else as she looked across the border. "The borders shift slightly all the time. There isn't a line to show where the divide is; once, we would be standing on RiverClan soil." She said, her voice light and airy, unbothered and uncaring. "Twelve moons from now the border could be right underneath or paws, or down a few tail-lengths away." She looked down at Willowpaw seriously. "Our sense of smell is what allows for us to distinguish the border from the ground. Imagining a line wouldn't help." She advised, before pushing away from the border and heading towards the trail again. "We're heading for the ThunderClan and WindClan borders now." She said, pressing her black paws neatly to the ground and waiting for the younger feline to catch up before heading off in the direction of WindClan. The treeline began to thin, and soon the rolling hills and enchanting plains of WindClan came into view. However, Nightshade stopped just short of where the trees stopped. "This will be a little harder for you, but you can do it." She stated, not really sounding encouraging or discouraging. Her fur fluffed up slightly as the breeze blew through the trees and into her face, the smell of sagebrush and dried grass strong and pleasant.

♡♡♡
But now I know, without a doubt...
The luckiest day of my life was the day I met you~

♡♡♡