Thread: Essie's Abode
View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2017, 09:40 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Essie's Abode

The black tom felt his whiskers dance with mere excitement. This Essie was something else...not like many others, yet she were. Romeo was pretty open minded when it came to different cats he met. He solely believe that everyone was different; unique in their own way. Essie was no exception. She was a million pieces of artwork intricately woven from the great gods - gods? Or, what was that little bit of heaven that he caught on with his earlier suitors? When late at nights and he had been curious, when his former mate would mention the beauty of the stars...her ancestors. The sudden thought flickered into his mind, and he slowly brought his head up to the purple-ish sky. The lights streaked across the sky, dotted and sparkling. ''Better to have some jewels than not at all, rose.'' He bowed his head, a lopsided grin forming on his muzzle. ''I am absolutely devastating at hunting. You wouldn't even believe I was a cat!'' He chuckled. He had claws, they were sharp, they were perfect to hook onto an enemy's guts and yank them out with a good tug...being Romeo, he wasn't naive. By all means, he was pretty intelligent. He made mistakes, his brain didn't comprehend solutions as fast as others. That was okay...right? That didn't make him completely oblivious, right? Maybe, a bit slow...as in physically. A bit too fast falling in love, and a bit too slow when it came to moving on. ''Oh, yes,'' He replied, his voice a feathery deep. Reminiscing about his mingled travels. The exotic lands, the lush fields, and the lavish beauty that surrounded him wherever his paws set home. ''Travelling is a true talent at its finest. If you got paws, then you can walk the mile.'' He commented, with a nod of his head. And, after this, where would he go next? Who else was he to encounter? Who else would intrigue his life? ''Do you really think you can beat watching every sunrise and every sunset as you awake in the beauty of this luxurious earth? And, what about the stars?'' He swiftly turned his gaze to look down at the coffee colored feline beside him. Like a cliched love story, Romeo found this beauty's eyes enticing as the feline herself. ''Perhaps, I wouldn't need the stars...with your eyes as my map.'' It was the moment, she said she thought he was interesting. He could tell she meant it, just based on the way she was staring at him. Just the way the passion from her eyes were contagious and emitted into his own gaze. Her next words brought a bright Cheshire like smile on the tom's face; was she saying what he think she was saying? Was she going to venture out with him? Acknowledge the dangers, but savor the adventures? Was she going to wake up at sunrise with him, and fall asleep next to him at Sunset? Was she...the one? Oh, the tom hoped. He was tired of the many...many...interests that held his heart. Which was still beating fervently after every heart break and shattered pieces. Still powerful and passionate as ever. Then, the next words following her previous ones, made his ears slightly pin back, and he pulled himself away from her to turn his head and gaze at the scene ahead of him. ''It must be wonderful...to have a family and all.'' He gave a light shrug, a smile tugging at his maw. He knew what it was like, how hard it was to leave such a loving family. It was traitorous! How selfish did he sound for wishing she would leave and travel with him? Especially a she cat he only met that day. Maybe, that was what was wrong with him. Thinking with his heart instead of his head. So pulled on the possibility of accomplishing life's main goal: love. Then, the rose spoke again. Was her voice...teasing him? That purr didn't sound like it had angelic intentions behind it. The black tom reciprocated his companion's purr. ''It'll be horrid of me to ask you to do such motives - trust me, that is not my intentions. You are a loyal feline, with a pure heart of the rarest gold.'' He heaved a great sigh, a dreamy one as he lashed his tail around to show his sincerity of words. ''I don't think it's anything wrong with finding a home within me. I could be your second home,'' He turned once again towards her. Was that flirting? Maybe, if he didn't add the purring, then it wouldn't be flirting. But, he never noticed when he flirted anyway. He spoke from the heart, as a true gentlemen should. ''I'll show you skylines that'll make your heart combust, grass so green, you'd never want to leave, I'll bring you to a flower field where you'll be the most blooming rose there. I could show you places...and, take you to heaven on earth.'' He could imagine himself whisking her away for the entire day, unnoticed by her family, but bring her home in time to enjoy dinner with her loved ones. Perhaps, maybe - just maybe - he was exaggerating. Or...he was telling the truth. Because, a broken promise may be words, but they were words sworn over the heart, the soul, and the mind. And, he'd be darned if he didn't mean what he said.

@FadingEchoes