View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2017, 09:13 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Lynxheart had just finished conversing with Goldensky, and while part of his mind lingered with the queen, the rest was focused on who he'd recruit to hunt with him. Maybe Dayhum or Sparrowstream. Just as the tom was deciding to ask his friends to go on a hunting trip with him, he nearly tripped over another she-cat. "Oh!" He exclaimed, recovering his balance before he could fall ontop of her. "My apologies! I should have been paying attention to where I was walking..." He trailed off, swallowing his embarrassment and giving his ruffled chest fur a quick lick.

Lynxheart noticed that the warrior he'd nearly walked into looked stressed, but he realized that she'd appeared stressed before he walked into her. Gently, the tom asked, "Are you okay?" He sat down, torn between helping this cat and hunting. Perhaps both. "I'm going hunting if you want to come?" He phrased it as a question to try to put her at ease, and added, "I'm Lynxheart, by the way."

He flicked his ear uncomfortably, still a little embarrassed about nearly walking into another cat. At least now he didn't have to go find Dayhum or Sparrowstream. Besides, hunting with a clanmate he didn't personally know was a good way to become closer to the other cats in Thunderclan. With a nod of finality, Lynxheart rid himself of the last shreds of embarrassment and decided that almost falling over this she-cat was a good thing.
The Siamese was stunned for a moment, and struggled to regain herself. Her thought process had gone along the lines of something like StarClan help me, he's going to kill me, I''m going to die at the claws of a madcat, but looking at the large and friendly looking warrior, and hearing his words, she managed to calm down. "N - no... d - don't... don't apo - apologize, it's ok - okay... it's okay, I w - I was in y - your w - way, I'll just move now," Snowbreeze mewed, her ears going back. Because that was the way she thought. She had been in his way, and he had every right to almost trip over her.

She would have felt worse had he not recovered his balance, so that was something she was thanking StarClan for. The Siamese was about to get up and move when he spoke again, causing her to flinch and look back at him with a nervous smile. "O - oh yes, of - of course, I - I'm always fine, I'm n - there's nothin - nothing wr - wrong, nothing wrong at - at all," Her words seemed to be struggling to come out of her maw, one after the other, an embarassed expression coming over her features followed by one of chagrin as she realized that she was just embarassing herself more. Her? Go hunting with him? "I - I d - don't kn - I don't know..." Her voice was painfully quiet, and once again Snowbreeze's ears went back against her head. Snowbreeze had never been a simple cat, although she wished she was. Oh how she wished she could just be one of those cats that took everything in stride, and her actions and words showed exactly how she felt. But she wasn't. And she never would be.

"W - well... I, I g - guess it couldn't... it couldn't do m - much h - harm," The feline added thoughtfully. And she couldn't see the harm in going on a nice hunt with Lynxheart. Who knew, it might... ease some tension and help her a little bit. Right?

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.