View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2017, 06:36 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Snowbreeze had never been the type of cat who liked places where there were a lot of cats. She had never been the type of cat to hang out in the clearing, really, for fear that there would be too many cats there. But on this warm green-leaf day, that was exactly where she was found. Sitting in the clearing. A nervous expression graced her features and she glanced around at the cats who were sitting near her. They were all perfectly harmless, yet all Snowbreeze wanted to do was draw away from them. Was Sagefrost anywhere nearby? Her sister had always drawn her out of her frightened world and into a more comfortable one. Poor, poor Sagefrost... left alone with her kits since Wrenclaw had left her, but the tom was dead now.

She couldn't believe it. Part of her was furious, the other part felt a strange sense of satisfaction at knowing he couldn't hurt anyone else now. It was funny, and not a single cat that Snowbreeze knew would have believed that she was angry at another, considering her sweet and loving nature. Bright blue eyes stared outwards at the rest of the clearing, trying to focus on something other then the frightening crowded areas as the Siamese took a deep breath and concentrated hard. She had learned if she were to concentrate hard enough, it was easy to picture a serene and gentle area in her mind while her deep blue eyes were closed. Though the times she was able to do that were becoming thinner and thinner, what with the drama surrounding ThunderClan and WindClan. It was hard for her to eat. It was hard for her to sleep.

She was a nervous wreck at times, and at other times she felt as though the world was crashing down around her ears. She was confident that her world would hold some structure in the coming moons, at least she hoped so. She prayed so. It was the one thing she seemed to want more then anything else.
@Beau
Lynxheart had just finished conversing with Goldensky, and while part of his mind lingered with the queen, the rest was focused on who he'd recruit to hunt with him. Maybe Dayhum or Sparrowstream. Just as the tom was deciding to ask his friends to go on a hunting trip with him, he nearly tripped over another she-cat. "Oh!" He exclaimed, recovering his balance before he could fall ontop of her. "My apologies! I should have been paying attention to where I was walking..." He trailed off, swallowing his embarrassment and giving his ruffled chest fur a quick lick.

Lynxheart noticed that the warrior he'd nearly walked into looked stressed, but he realized that she'd appeared stressed before he walked into her. Gently, the tom asked, "Are you okay?" He sat down, torn between helping this cat and hunting. Perhaps both. "I'm going hunting if you want to come?" He phrased it as a question to try to put her at ease, and added, "I'm Lynxheart, by the way."

He flicked his ear uncomfortably, still a little embarrassed about nearly walking into another cat. At least now he didn't have to go find Dayhum or Sparrowstream. Besides, hunting with a clanmate he didn't personally know was a good way to become closer to the other cats in Thunderclan. With a nod of finality, Lynxheart rid himself of the last shreds of embarrassment and decided that almost falling over this she-cat was a good thing.