View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Silence smiled as Hoot finally relaxed. She watched him climb, then padded to the tree's roots, squinting her eyes as she looked up at him to catch his words.

The little she-cat shrugged. It's not that surprising. She shook her head, pressing a paw to her lips. I can't speak. Then shook her head once more and flattened her ears against her head. I can't hear. She walked in a small circle before sitting down once more, making the motion of looking about. Some said it was like living alone. Silence brushed her paw against the sandy dirt, and the wind swept up a small cloud before whisking it away. Some had other places to be. Nobody stays for long.

Darker memories began to work their way to the surface, and a cloud cross her face briefly as she fought them back. Though I am this far away from everyone else for a reason. Silence shook her head, looking up at him again. She tilted her head, then opened and closed her maw a few times. But anyway, are you hungry?

{Okay! X3}
Realizing being so far above Silence was making it hard for her to understand him, Hoot jumped down from the tree, neatly landing on his paws. His curiosity returned as the she-cat continued. "Haven't you tried to speak?" Hoot asked, tilting his head to the side, examining Silence's ears. "I mean- your ears appear to be fine. Maybe your voice will be fine." There wasn't a direct connection between hearing and speaking, not that Hoot knew of. It seemed silly to him that Silence communicated through motion rather than using words if she may have had the ability.

Unable to focus on the she-cat alone, Hoot began to look around the clearing once more, careful to make sure Silence could see his mouth whenever he spoke. "I like to live alone." Hoot told the she-cat. He searched her eyes, unsure. "It's the best way to live. There's a lot of awful cats out there." His mew was serious. How dumb could she be, inviting cats to stay with her? "They'll take what you have and claw you in the back. Living alone is the only way to protect yourself." Suddenly aware of how open he was being, Hoot avoided Silence's eyes. He'd gotten too comfortable too fast. He still knew nothing about her. He almost asked what she meant when she said there was a reason for her being so far away from everyone, but he held his tongue. It looked like Silence may not have wanted to talk about it anyways.

"No, I'm not hungry." He said, thankful that Silence was deaf instead of blind. His belly let out a low grumble as he spoke. He was hungry, but not hungry enough to eat someone else's fresh-kill. "Are you? I could catch something for you."

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic