View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2016, 08:16 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleet View Post
Ratsting pulled back, and looked curiously at Echofrost. She seemed nervous and uncomfortable, quite unlike her usual confidant demeanor.
His green eyes opened wider with every word she spoke. He stood silent for a few moments in mild shock once she finished. Echo really did like him more then a friend. Well, that made it much easier for him, as he was about to tell her the same thing. His mind flew back to their first meeting. They were newly made apprentices, hunting together in the Territory. They didn't really know what to think of each other at the time. But over the many moons they grew closer, learning more about each other, and becoming closer friends. However, the past couple moons Ratsting had started to realize that he had more feelings then just friendship for the feisty shecat. He had gotten the feeling that lately she might feel the same way about him, but that was different from actually hearing her say it herself.
The warrior realized he had been silent for a rather long stretch of time, and cleared his throat, though still not exactly sure what to say. His stomach had butterflies, and he hoped his voice wouldn't squeak. "Echo..." He swallowed, and continued. "I- I feel the same way." He mewed softly. "Over the past couple moons I've noticed that my feelings of friendship have evolved into...more-then-just-friend feelings." His green eyes flickered to the ground, then back up at the cat in front of him, not sure how much he should say. "You are also the most importent cat in my life, and I could never say how much I care about you." He hesitated there, waiting for her response.
As the silence stretched on, her nerves became more and more intense. For a quick moment she panicked. Did he not like her back that way? She could already feel herself crumpling at the though of that. Her eyes bore into his, wide with worry and anticipation. Finally his maw parted and her name came out, soft and wavering. His words were nervous and assuring all at the same time. He was in the same boat as her, unsure of how to express this unexplored and unknown sentiment. Neither of the two cats would ever be described as overly affectionate, they much preferred to be hard on each other and harder on others. Though a whole new side of them came out when they were around each other lately, her affectionate voice and his softer less teasing ways. They brought out the best in each other. Echofrost pushed Ratsting beyond his limits, she had ever since the day they met when she teased him into climbing the highest tree in the territory. Ratsing did the same for her, and he gave her something to channel all of her excess attitude into, into being almost overprotective of him. She didn't know what to say back when he had finished speaking, she couldn't even remember how to breathe as she stared deep into his muddy green eyes. It seemed so surreal that he shared her feelings, that things were suddenly drastically different now that the words had been spoken. Her eyes sparkled with an affection stronger than she had ever felt, glossy with tears from the overwhelming emotion. The bengal mix couldn't think of anything except wanting to be near him, closer to him in that moment, for no words could express her joy. So instead she shuffled forward, slipping her head under his chin and resting it against his shoulder. Her purr was strong and loud as she leaned up against his strong body. It was so different from the skinny frame of his apprenticeship many moons ago. How much they had changed since then. Only one though rang through her mind however as she leaned against him and wished for the moment to never break: I love you.