View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2018, 07:08 PM
The World Spins Round

My Mood: Blah
Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

(Raypaw)
Raypaw trotted into the lonely moor, his eyes bright and curious.
"I haven't been here yet...," he thought absentmindedly. He hoped his mentor would one day stalk into the expansive field and flex their prolonged claws.
He briskly pushed the thought aside and crouched low to the ground. His paws felt big and clumsy all of a sudden compared to the gracefulness of the other warriors. He raised his haunches and flicked his tail feverishly. Then, with a tenacious pounce he caught his claws in a brittle auburn leaf and awkwardly bit at it. He stumbled to get a firm grip of the ground again and his honey colored pelt was fluffed up gawkishly. He let his breath expel from his mouth and flow into a misty cloud of frost "Better try again," and he returned to his original spot. Every time his movements seemed spastic and uncoordinated but despite his aching bones and freezing pads he leaped at the beaten leaf once again.

He knew he should wait for his mentor or at least tell someone where he was going but he felt too fidgety to wait so off he bounded through the moor. He thought about going back soon but again he seemed unable to turn back and he returned to crouching clumsily. Eventually he gave up stalking and just launched his hide forward and barreled into the leaf with a vexed face then fell back with a din. His head stirred with bursting thoughts as he swerved his weary pelt back and tried to crouch. "This is so hard without a mentor but I want to impress my mentor!" Raypaw snorted as his hind legs pushed forward and sent him gliding above the ground and then colliding with the ground in a thump. He shook himself and rolled his eyes bitterly, trying to forget the anger that convulsed in his heart. "Come on!" he growled softly to himself. His muscles felt like they were boulders he had to carry and they seemed to scream at him every time he moved but he didn't want to go back until he could do this!