queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
the voice.

that voice.

her voice.

they knew that voice any where. it was the same voice that mumbled sweet things in their ear when they were sobbing on her shoulder. it was the same voice that was related to their mother. it was the same voice they had grown to love, to respect, to cherish. it was her voice. everything seemed to restart in their mind. their body had a rush run through it, and as tired as they were, they felt so awake. everything that had had happened, they let go past them. they let weight come off of their shoulders as they became a simple apprentice again. a kit again, searching for their mother. they stood frozen. maybe it was their mind playing tricks on them again. maybe it was the lack of sleep or their hallucinations, showing them what they wanted to hear.

no. it was her voice

it sounded so real, so brokem, so desperate as they were. their paws were moving, ears flickering, eyes showing more emotion then they had in moons. they were running after the voice, and th emore they ran the stronger the scent got. it smelt foreign yet so familiar. not holding the fishy scent of riverclan, or the herbal scent of plants. but it was still her. it was still geckoleaf.

the scent of blood overwhelmed them but they kept running. both instincts of a medicine cat and a child towards their mother ran through their body. herbal formulas that she had taught them ran through their head. was something wrong, what had happened?

and then they saw her. her. geckoleaf.

they halted in their tracks, halting so hard that they slipped some against the snow, it flying in the air as they stopped infront of her. she was hurt. blood had slained the snow in her walk. had she been coming for them? returning even ? they had to do something, but they were overcome with emotion as they leaned down and rested their head ontop of hers, loud purring erupting from them. they had missed her beyond belief. her fur, her body, her presence. they choked on a sob, they didnt know what to say. they had so much to say, yet they stayed silent.

"Im here now, mom."
"Day." One word from her broken body; one word she'd hoped to say again. The only word that mattered.

The purring from her child seemed to ripple through her body; it was so powerful that she thought maybe, by some miracle, StarClan had taken her own gift of healing and given it to one who could use it. But it didn't dull the pain of the lacerations down her side, and the one on her neck that had narrowly missed killing her.

Geckoleaf raised her own blue orbs to meet Day's deep golden ones; they were so choked with emotion that she could barely make out anything. Love, pain, relief, longing, maybe even anger. But it didn't matter.

"You're so big..." she choked out, feeling old as soon as she said it. "You're so beautiful, my sunshine. My rainbow... my dream..."her voice trailed off, eyes unfocusng slightly, though she noticed it and attempted to regain attention.

"I'm going to miss so much.. you're first apprentice... your patients... your life." The words tumbled out now; so much to say. So much emotion and love and regret, but she'd be gone soon.

"Day...paw? I know you don't believe in Starclan... but... can you believe in me? Oh, little one... I left you..."she paused, watching them for a moment, trying to soak up their features; their chipped ear, the scar down one side of their face that she knew was from the flood.

"But... please... just believe that i won't leave you again... ever," she whispered, trying to crane her neck up to nuzzle their cheek, though failing as her muscles refused to listen, pain shooting through her emaciated form.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending