View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Kittypet.. No More? (Private)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
“How’s the weather looking out there this morning, brother?” The small patched tabby asked his older sibling as he turned onto his back on the soft bed, “It was so cold yesterday that I couldn’t feel my paws. I still cannot believe you persuaded me into joining you at Lucky’s place.” Ollie, who currently sat in front of the clean glass sliding door that led into the backyard of their home, silently turned his head to look at Jack, his whiskers slightly twitching in silence before he let his gaze drift back to the gleaming ball of light that was the sun that hung in the blue-hued sky above them right now. “It’s much warmer outside today.” He murmured with a slight smile resting on his maw, his long fluffy tail swishing behind him across the wooden floor that now rested his paws on, “We should go out and enjoy this before the first snowfall appears, I believe that some of our neighbors will be out and we could say hello before they disappear inside for the rest of the season.” To be honest, Oliver just wanted a reason to get Jack outside, tired of seeing his younger brother always staying inside while the outside world looked so interesting and full of wonders to explore and find. The other male uttered a light yawn and stretched his paws into the air for a moment, before lifting his head and looking at his older brother for a moment in silence. For some reason, he always did seem to find nature to be a wondrous place to have adventures, though Jack thought about all the dangers that lurked beyond the walls of their home - those big metal machines, upwalkers, bad tasting food, vicious stray cats. Nonetheless, he was right about the weather looking rather warm and promising for the time being, so perhaps they could jump to the advantage before it never comes back. “Alright.” Jackie mumbled, rolling onto his stomach and heaving himself to his paws, “I could go for a few warm sunrays before the clouds hide them all away for the season.” Oliver’s expression turned to a bright, happy smile as he hopped to his paws. “Great! Let’s go!” He purred before racing off into the kitchen and leaping onto the counter, scrambling up onto the cold marble surface before lifting his head and pushing open the window that was slightly cracked open already - all while Jack was hurrying after him with his paws still waking up after a plentiful nap in his softened, comforting bed. “Will you be careful for goodness sake?” The patched tabby mewed, “You’re more likely to fall and break something if you keep this up..” However, Oliver did not listen, already climbing out the window and slipping outside, landing in the green grass with a slight huff stirring from him. He breathed in the cool fresh air and smiled, his tail lashing behind him as he padded out further into the backyard while Jack was still scrambling out of the parted kitchen window with irritated grumbles stirring from him with each passing second. The larger, older patched tabby glanced around before hopping up onto one of the lawn chairs that sat in the grass near the back fence, his tail curling around his paws as he soon caught sight of their neighbor and good friend - Flint - who was currently sitting on the part of the fence that was on his own property. “Good morning, Flinty!” Ollie called to the other tomcat, “Beautiful day out today, isn’t it? Especially after how cold it was yesterday.” While he was sparking up conversation with their neighbor, Jack had dashed across the yard and took a seat on the cushioned lawn chair beside his brother, laying down on the warm surface with a sigh.
Flint's ears moved as he heard the bickering between the brothers from inside their den. Whiskers twitching with amusement, he turned toward the opening in the window. As if on cue, Oliver and Jack pushed up the window and exited. Flint stood, and slowly walked along the fence, but only to the part where his own fence ended and began Oliver and Jack's. "Good morning," he greeted with a smile. I totally agree! It's much warmer than yesterday. Flint glanced to the side, once more taking in the forest view. A bird fluttered from one tree to another, and another bird greeted that bird with a tweet. Breaking from his daze, the white tom focused back on his friends. What have you teo been up to lately? Anything interesting? His head tipped to one side curiously. Flint lost his balance a bit, however, and scrabbled to regain his footing. Giving up, Flint dropped down into Oliver and Jack's yard.