View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2017, 08:04 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: all or nothing <private>

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompaws View Post
A smirk wove its way onto the teen's face, lips tugging into an upwards motion. The pale-skinned teenager forcefully manoeuvred his hand in the same motions as the other, clearly enthused at his response. He snagged at the carelessly placed mobile phone in his pocket and quickly averted his gaze downwards to check the time. Surprisingly, the boy had been quite early for once, although not early enough that he was here before his friend. That.. that had never happened, and never would. Conan was a typical libra, always late for everything, and never remembering even the largest of dates. "Nothing much, pretty hyped for that new film though. You wanna see it with me later?" he responded back in a casual tone, leaning back onto the brick wall behind him. His achromatic hues flounced across the students around him, awkwardly observing them all with intrigue. He had to admit that even with his contacts in, it was a little difficult to see those who were far away from his viewpoint. The boy scowled ever-so-slightly, having to half-close his eyes to get a better look around him. But, all changed back to normal as he swooped his bodice around to face the other teen, almost unnoticeable freckles becoming a beige-like colour as the sun beamed down upon him. "Hey, wait, did we have any homework for today?" Conan then questioned , a hint of concern laced into his expression. Even if it turned out he did have homework, or a large assignment, he would always make up an excuse or two to get out of it. Yet, he would make them believable. Nothing like 'oh, the dog ate my work, sorry' ; once Conan committed to a lie he wouldn't stop. There was one situation were he'd told the teachers that he'd had to be in the hospital for an entire week, and he'd gotten his sister to make him a fake cast for his arm to prove that he was actually in a&e. Of course, he'd gotten away with it, but his sister had sworn never to do anything like that again. Conan knew that if he whined enough he'd manage to sway her decisions though.
Quite honestly, Maverick was rather surprised that the other boy wasn’t late like usual. Rather, he was pretty much on time. Maverick’s reasoning for getting to school early was that he liked to chill a bit before the rush of school, but that was hardly the reason. His actual reason was that he liked to stay out of his house as often as he could; especially when his dad was home. He knew his mother hated to see him and his father fight, so his best bet was to simply not be there. This made things a lot more easier for Maverick, and his home life wasn’t exactly something he liked to talk about- not even with Conan. But Conan knew more about it than anyone else, really, but despite the two being the best of friends, there were still a lot of things that Mav didn’t really want to tell the other about. And this was simply because he hated sympathy- it made him rather angry when others pitied him, so he created a new life at school- a new Maverick. One that was funny, liked by almost everyone, a Maverick who “didn’t care.”
At Conan’s comment, Mav turned his attention to his friend, puffing out his cheeks as he blew a bubble from his gum, before it popped loudly. The brunette shrugged simply with a thumbs up, a grin on his lightly tanned face. “Sounds good,” he replied with a nod, though at the other question he shrugged again. “I think so, just a few pages in the book, and I’m pretty sure you have a research project due on January eleventh for Biology?” Maverick reminded. Unlike his forgetful friend, he had somewhat of a photographic memory, which proved to be rather useful seeing as Conan would loose his head if it weren’t attatched to his neck. “You know, there’s an app on your phone called ‘Reminders’ that I think might be of use.” Maverick snorted, pointing to his friend’s phone. “It’s probably not quite as dependable as I am, but it’ll do.” He shrugged with a look of fake modesty.
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da