View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2024, 12:37 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Thunderglade

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
Once Dustypaw showed up - his sarcasm earning an amused snort from Bravebird - the lilac lynx point nodded towards Lightningstorm. It was difficult to squash the flicker of guilt she felt in her chest each time she looked at the medicine cat, remembering all too well the Cowtuft incident. It still sat with her wrong - not necessarily the decision to exile him, but some of her words... maybe she'd try to talk with the medicine cat later. Yeah. Swallow her pride and uh... talk about stuff.

...Well that was something to think over later!

"Come on, kid," she gestured towards the entrance of camp and headed off at a brisk trot as the ground sloped down towards the rest of the territory. Soon enough she broke off into a run, knowing that there was nothing better to start a patrol off than breaking into a sprint along the rolling hills. The wind in her fur, brushing it back with its fingers in gentle strokes. Her injuries still aches but most of the ones on her flank and hind legs weren't that bad - and she didn't need her eye completely healed to run.

It felt like pure bliss. The whole thing, from the sprinting out of camp to the leaping and galloping. Bravebird had always felt most at home running along the moors, lengthening her stride and pelting faster and faster. Overhead a couple of birds dipped and dived, and as she watched them the warrior leapt and let out a hollered yowl of excitement. It was truly invigorating, and she'd never, ever take it for granted again - the wind, the feeling of grass under paw, the beautiful and brilliant sky stretching overhead...

Streaking across the lands she knew as home made the time it took to reach the Thunderglade feel like nothing. Her paws slowed as a wide grin stretched across her face, turning to look over her shoulder. "Definitely can't be Mr. Grouchy Paws now after a run like that!" she called to him breathlessly. Her focus returned to in front of her now as she scanned the area for the herbs Lightningstorm had mentioned. Marigold and daisy leaves... marigold and daisy leaves...

[ @starry ]

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse

Last edited by taillow; April 5th, 2024 at 12:47 AM.