View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:27 AM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
[ I sorta just assumed Mousejump isn't aware of Ebonyfrost's lack of ability to recognize emotions, if that's okie =3 & good luck with the new house! ]

Mousejump would never adjust to Ebonyfrost's zany nature, yet she continued to endlessly adore her daughter. It surprised her when her offspring acted shocked whenever Mousejump touched her, or Ebonyfrost's lack of emotion when her own mother spoke to her. It almost angered her. Was Ebonyfrost afraid of her? Did Ebonyfrost have something against Mousejump? But she never confronted her daughter, figuring the younger she-cat would share when she was comfortable, but Mousejump's fiery and blunt personality was not exactly patient.

``I've been alright; missing my kits, though.`` Mousejump cast Ebonyfrost a soft smile, her voice expressing a motherly tone. She was aware that her children would be busy with their responsibilities, but she constantly wished that they'd put some time aside to visit her. She missed them oh-so terribly. She had observed the way Ebonyfrost had studied her face, fueling her curiosity as to just what Ebonyfrost felt about her.

Finally, it became too much. Mousejump just had to bring it up. Inhaling heavily and exhaling a sigh, she looked over at Ebonyfrost. Her features were not ones of anger or irritation, but those of concern. Mousejump had immediately assumed something was wrong, filling her with concern. ``Why - Why did my touch startle you? Why do you not express emotion? Is something wrong, dear?``
(She hasn't told anybody about it as of current so yeah. =^^=) (And thank you! &#128516

The wiry feline had not expected something like this to be said from Mousejump, and the sudden question – the reasons for she did not want to explain – made the younger she-cat become defensive towards her mother, bright eyes narrowing slightly.
"It didn't." She said, not questioning the sudden dryness that her voice had assumed. Anger was still something that Ebonyfrost was learning to control. She was by nature easily irritated, and those things that pressed the boundaries of what she shared with anyone but her own mind often set her on edge. She knew that her defensive nature did not help to hide it, but she couldn't really help it.

"And I show nothing because I feel nothing. What's the use in emotion?" She knew that the lie could easily be seen through. Nobody felt nothing, and she often felt deeply, but it was easier than having to explain something which she herself did not fully understand. Perhaps the tuxedo would be seen as weak in her own mother's eyes if she dared to reveal that she different, perhaps lesser, than the others of the clan. Stupid thoughts, she knew, but she couldn't end how she had always reacted to such things.

"Nothing's wrong at all."