View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:05 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

@fenic! @Zero to Hero @bad company
Just the sight of Surgestorm's knowledge brightening his eyes as he was reminded of what he was capable of made Featherpaw smile broadly. The look of determination returned to his panicked face, and his eyes like steel as he got right back to work. Seeing this filled Featherpaw's heart with joy- a feeling that contrasted immensely with the darker pit of sorrow that was lodged deep inside of the moonlight- coloured cat's body. But she refused to be taken prisoner by that darkness, and instead thought as positively as one could in a time like this. She could not give up even an ounce of her hope- because she wasn't the only one who needed it. Seeing the life spark back into Leopardpaw's eager eyes brightened that hopeful spark.
And as Surgestorm asked her to fetch the marigold, the young apprentice nodded and padded quickly to where he kept that specific herb. By now, Featherpaw knew almost exactly where he kept his herbs; which herb in which space. Unless, of course, he switched it up on her and she had to ask. Thankfully, he had the marigold in it's usual place on the far left, and she gently scooped up some of the brightly coloured flowers in her maw.
When she turned her crystal blue gaze to her right, she saw Leopardpaw get the dampened moss as requested by Surgestorm, and another herb- gumweed, she recognized. It was primarily used for a cough or any swelling in the nose or throat, but it had been occasionally used to seal wounds faster. Featherpaw noted several other herbs that may do that job well, such as goldenrod, yarrow, or ferns.
But two plants struck Featherpaw as quite useful in this time of slight panic. Thyme- which was known to calm any sort of anxiety or nerves, and dandelion leaves- which would calm a cat of a nervous breakdown. She'd heard Surgestorm mention these herbs before in earlier conversations. Featherpaw hurried back to his side, setting down the marigold and heading back to fetch the thyme and dandelion leaves. Hurrying back, she said to Surgestorm, "Surge, perhaps you should give these dandelion leaves to Moonpaw after she wakes up? Maybe Leopardpaw, too." She said, noting the passed out Leopardpaw laying nearby. "And maybe the thyme could help them as well? Or possibly you?" She asked him, making sure to stay out of his way.
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da

Last edited by meraki; April 19th, 2017 at 07:20 PM.