Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2024, 11:59 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Dusklion - RiverClan Head Lionheart
She/her | 27 moons | Go with the Flow, Beefed Up T3, Rapid Recovery, Shadow Fiend[
"You didn't do anything wrong."

The words reverberated in her head and the knee-jerk reaction was to ask why, and make Birds give her an explanation. Why hadn't she been picked? What had set Fades above her? They had given the same amount of effort... did Birds just like him more? He was the more quiet of the two in the sense that he'd always been the one to have a bit more of a filter. Maybe that was it... maybe Birds didn't really like her as much as she was claiming to.

But voicing any of that would just distract them from what they needed to do, which was get Birdsnow to the Starcave. After months of putting it off, Dusklion was at least glad that the ragdoll leader was getting to it. So the head Lionheart nodded at her words - noticing the relief that spread through her as she was told she wouldn't be stripped of her position - and trotted at the leader's flank the rest of the way towards the cave.

Upon reaching it, something felt... heavy in Dusklion's chest. Birds said nothing as she slipped into the cave, leaving the head Lionheart unsure if she should follow her leader or not. Her jaws parted to call out after her, but the ragdoll was already disappearing inside. So she snapped her jaws shut in a brief show of irritation - irritation that soon melted into sadness. She wanted to see what it looked like deep within the cave, to see the glittery glow of the stone that she'd heard so much about.

But she hadn't been invited inside, so instead she took up a seat just outside the entrance, her back to it and her eyes scanning the lands beyond. She would remain here until Birds was done, a silent protector for anything that might come and try to harm the RiverClan leader.

[ @poppy - dusk will be just outside until birdsnow is done ]

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse