View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
The she-cat read his body easily--He fought briefly with his stomach to stay quiet. Hoot had probably been trying to be polite and refuse a meal. How sweet. Silence's eyes crinkled, and she pushed the mouse towards him. Only the fact that you keep insisting on not eating when your body says otherwise.
The little black cat then stood, leaving the mouse in front of her guest as she vanished under the roots with the ball of moss Hoot had collected.

She returned not long after, though she'd tried to wait long enough for him to eat at least a little. with a wet ball of moss in her teeth and other balanced on her head. Silence walked slowly back towards him, taking time after each pawstep to let the moss ball settle before moving again. She stopped before Hoot and flicked her tail back to the entrance of the den. Your nest is all set up. Her orange eyes flicked from the ball on her head to him, questioningly. Mind helping me out with this?
Hoot felt a mix of irritation and relief when Silence pushed the mouse towards him. The tom was annoyed that the she-cat hadn't just trusted him when he said he wasn't hungry. If he ate this mouse, he'd be in debt to Silence. Things hadn't turned out nicely the last time that Hoot owed someone. However, he was relieved that there was a meal in front of him. His stomach was especially thankful that it didn't have to wait for a meal. The green-eyed tom waited until Silence had disappeared completely to start eating the mouse. The smell of it alone made Hoot drool. Hoot controlled how much he ate, however. He made sure not to eat the entire thing. Maybe Silence was hungry. And maybe not eating the entire mouse would prove something to the she-cat.

Thinking to himself, Hoot waited for Silence to return. He'd watched the moss balls carefully as the she-cat padded forward. "Thank you." He mewed, again, trying to sound emotionless. "I appreciate it. "What do you need me to do?" His tail waved with slight impatience behind him. He wanted something to do that had little to do with talking, and perhaps this was it. Hoot would be careful of what he said from now on, and that started with talking less.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic