View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2018, 08:12 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Hoot's Clearing [ Open ]

This thread is open to everyone!

Hoot's territory is a fair sized forest clearing. It's closest to ThunderClan territory, though it is not close enough that Hoot often comes across ThunderClan cats often. The clearing is surrounded by tall oak and birch trees. Fallen trees lean against the ones still standing, providing cover from the weather. Two hollow logs- opposite of each other- border two sides of the clearing. Finally, an abandoned Twoleg birdbath sits in the center of the clearing. Hoot often uses this birdbath as his nest, as he enjoys sleeping under the stars. In situations of bad weather, he retreats to his nest inside of the hollow log on the left side of the clearing.

Hoot

♡♡♡

Hoot, a 9 moon old Abyssinian tom, jumped down from his nest on top of the old Twoleg birdbath. The sunlight shining down into the trees had woken up the young tom from his nap. The tom began to stretch his legs as he hit the ground, trying to work out the soreness in his body. Despite the soreness, Hoot felt energized and ready for another day of exploring the area surrounding his territory. He'd moved into the area only a moon ago. He'd only made his nest a half-moon ago. When Hoot had come across this area, there were faint scents of other cats lingering in the logs and around the birdbath. The strongest scents were stale, meaning whoever stayed here previously was long gone. There were also fresh scents of cats simply passing by. To be sure he wasn't trespassing on another cat's territory (and ensure that he wouldn't cross paths with any other cat), Hoot spent a half-moon sleeping amongst the trees on their branches. It wasn't all too bad, Hoot reminded himself. He did enjoy the wind on his fur and the view that he got. But the wood was hard and made his body as stiff as a long dead mouse. Hoot was far more comfortable in the moss nests that he made in the birdbath and inside one of the hollow logs.

Unsure of exactly how he'd like to begin his day, Hoot stuck his pink nose into the air, trying to catch a scent, any scent. He wasn't hungry, but perhaps he could catch something for later. Or maybe there was nearby predators that he could chase off. A few days ago, the young tom chased off a young fox cub. The ginger creature was far too young to be on its own and had probably strayed from its nest when its mother wasn't looking. Anyways, the cub had gotten too close to Hoot's territory that he'd felt inclined to chase it away. He had, however, been sure to make sure the cub went in the direction that its scent trail came from. He expected that its mother would quickly find it and lead the cub back home. Hoot wasn't so sure that today would be that thrilling and exciting, but it was another day to explore and see new things. At the very least, it was another day of being alive, something Hoot was learning to appreciate. So, there Hoot was, with his nose in the air and his tail lashing excitedly behind him, ready for another day of being alive.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic