View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 10:43 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post

Streampaw settled down, starring at her father who had walked in. "I was trying to catch a squirrel and I lost my balance and fell on my leg." She meowed to Coldwind. The apprentice looked at Shinefang, ready for any pain that came through her leg, so that it would get fixed. She didn't want to never walk again, so she stayed calm and let the medicine cat do his job.
@Swiftheart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftheart View Post
"You should have been more carefull." Coldwind said bluntly.The gray Tom didn't sit down,wanting to be able to move if Shinefang needed more room.He wasn't that interested in the medicine den,even though he had only been here once or twice.'Still no mentor.'
"Wasn't your mentor there?Why didn't they stop you from falling?" Coldwind asked after a few heartbeats,wanting to get an answer to the question so he could determine if this was there fault or not.If it was,he would be sure they knew it was,and that they learned to watch there apprintices better.

(Didn't know what to really write.)
Shinefang set the packet of poppy seeds on the ground near the apprentice, still wrapped so that she wouldn't think she was meant to eat them. "Before I give you any poppy seeds, I'm going to have to feel your leg to see just where and how it's broken. Where it hurts is going to tell me a lot about that, so I can't have you numbed up just yet." Shinefang padded around to the other side of the younger cat, and very carefully laid his paw on the leg. It was beginning to swell. He would need to work quickly. As he felt along the leg, he found the break. It was a bad one, right on the long bone. The good news was of all the breaks she could have gotten, this was the one he knew the most about treating.

"Coldwind, if you're gonna hover around, you may as well help me out with this. Open that leaf packet and give her four poppy seeds. Exactly four! I need her pain numbed, not a passed out apprentice. Then get two of those sticks over here to where I am. The third one if for her to bite down on." With instructions issued, Shinefang padded toward his den entrance to gather the other things he would need for Stingpaw's leg. Comfrey of course, and Cobwebs. Big, thick ones.