View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2017, 04:28 PM
led into temptation

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Healers' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
{Should I go ahead and apply him for his ceremony then? c:}

Closing his eyes momentarily as the she-cat rested her muzzle on top of his head, he breathed out and let the thought of the death berries fully escape him for the time being. He was in good care, he knew that Shadow hadn't shown them to him so that she could scare him. It was a tool that could be used, only if needed, and he needed to be informed of it. Icarius hoped he didn't have to use it one day, but knew he would do it if he had no other choice. He wasn't a vengeful cat for the most part and would have no reason to use it other than to put a cat out of their misery.
"Really? You can be my mentor?" His eyes flew open and he jumped to his paws, tail sticking straight up in the air with his excitement, his grin right back on his muzzle and even wider than before.
"Okay okay, so borage leaf is the leaf you give to queens in order to help them make milk when they're kitting, Marigold, the flower looking one, that helps with infection and from preventing infections from getting worse. You gotta chew it into a pulp and put it on the wound.. Then cobwebs! You use those to stop bleeding and to hold things into place. Um.. Water.. Mint.. Yeah, Watermint, that's for bellyaches. And deathberries are only used to put a cat out of their misery, and only if that's the only option left. I.. Wait,
what do you give to a cat who's eaten one, to make them spit it up?
" Recited the young tom as he eagerly helped Shadow begin to put away the herbs she had pulled out to teach him today, though pausing and looking at her when asking the question.
The tortoiseshell let out a small laugh as the tom recited the list. Her ears shot up when he asked the question. "Well, the only cats who would eat them on their own are kits. So make sure you watch any kitten who comes in before hand. But if something were to happen," She paused. Shadow pulled a small steam of yellow flowers bunched together. She placed it in front of Icarus. "Yarrow makes cats throw up. Give them a small bit, it works pretty fast. Make sure they get everything out of them. And then keep them here for the night. Oh- and they shouldn't eat anything for at least a day." She flicked her tail, showing him a similar flower with white petals. "It also looks like this," Shadow added.