View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2018, 09:01 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Shadowclan Medcat Apprentice Applications

Nutpaw

At first glance, one might think Nutpaw doesn’t belong in the Medicine Cat Den, let alone in the clans. First glance, you’d pity her and be inclined to suggest she takes a life in the clans. But this little Nutshell is tougher than she looks.
Nutpaw is a twenty-five moon old apprentice. Now your probably wondering how she’s an apprentice at such an age. Let me explain. She was raised in the Dusk Syndicate under the name of Pistachio, a kind of nut (I have a bad sense of humor don’t I) At the age of three moons, she became a healer trainee to a healer and trained in healing. She learned all she could, with only the knowledge a healer could obtain. Then at the death of the Syndicate, rather than follow her sister to shelter, she chose to join the clans and learn to hunt and fight for herself.
Nutpaw is absolutely terrified of Daydream. Hmm...how should I explain, in the Syndicate she hid day and night in the medicine cat den in fear of being killed for existing. She never really met a cat that referred to themselves as ‘they’ she automatically has insticts to call cats like Day either ‘he’ or ‘she’, and appologizes afterwards. Daydream is a grouch and grouches with tempers give her flashbacks to the Syndicate when she was meerly a trainee and when she failed to heal someone properly, they might attempt to murder her. And those cats all remind her of Daydream.
Nonetheless, she has faith in Starclan, excessive faith in Starclan, more than most cats, more than most medicine cats. She believes she could walk through a battle praying to Starclan and come out uninjuried (that’s if your one of those kinds of cats, like her), and I think Shadowclan could use a medicine cat with faith in Starclan, more than Daydream (not a critisism, but an observation).
Why pick this Starclan obssessed former Dusk Syndicate healer?
Nutpaw is a coward, and Daydream along with cats from Starclan could help her be brave. She is not squemish to injuries; jumpy and appologetic yes not squemish. She also has an unintentional habbit of when out hunting searching for the herbs she knows and her mentor prevents her from carrying pawfuls back to Daydream, which is my way of saying she longs to be a medicine cat (or in her mind, a healer to the clans). Another reason to select her is because she isn’t like Calia or Juniper (sorry if the RPers of Calia and Juniper judge my opinion on Calia and Juniper. But, Calia is more of a “keep your paws to yourself while I heal you.” And Juniper’s more of a,” Lalala, your going to have a slow and painful death, here eat a death berry have a quick trip to Starclan for free! See Ya!” But Nutpaw has a more mature mind, if I were to compare her to any Medicine Cat ever (books and/or WCO) I’d compare her to Wheatfur. As she’s sensible and never backs down to things, yet she’s shy and jumpy (which I can’t think of any meddie who is like her.)
Like Yin and Yang...
Now, you probably are thinking that Daydream would never pick her because she isn’t a grump or she has strong faith in Starclan, but think about cats in the clan, Jayfeather is like Daydream except lack of vision and more faith in Starclan- same personality though, yet he took on Alderheart who is not as much like him, and his mentor was Leafpool a sweet and kind cat, or Yellowfang and Cinderpelt polar opposites. They learn to work together over time. They begin to care for eachother, for example, Daydream cares about Geckoleaf, and Gecko isn’t a grouch.
Plot Ideas for her becoming day’s apprentice
Nutpaw could start on a daily basis gaving Daydream herbs (real herbs), all the herbs she knows from her past as a healer. Daydream acnolages that she knows what herbs are, but still doesn’t think much of taking her on as an apprentice. Then one day, when Nutpaw comes in to leave some herbs for Daydream when Daydream is out, an injured cat arrives, bleeding or something simple that Nutpaw can handle. Nutpaw handles the injury and Daydream comes in, first shooing Nutpaw out for “messing with the patients” and Nutpaw leaves angry that they were mad that she helped. Daydream realizes that Nutpaw dealt with the injury correctly and is impressed and later makes her their apprentice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soaringkit is a kitten who is currently, two moons old. She has had a rough kithood (and it will continue until apprenticehood) her parents shove her around slap her, and on small occassions they scratch her with their claws. She is pretty sure already, due to not having littermates, that she has littermates that her parents killed. (She’s right about that) She dreams of being safe from her family, even though she doesn’t completely believe it’s wrong what they do. Soaringkit is a submissive kit, though that’s due to her parents, Daydream can in a moon or two of training prevent her from being submissive. She runs around to please others by offering to get prey for the queens, asking the apprentices if she han help them by doing their apprentice duties for them, anything to prove her significants. Now, due to being attacked by her parents, the idea of battle training of Starclan forbid, killing live prey sounds horrible to her, the idea of doing the opposite healing sounds much better to her. She would over time, as she recovers with the help of Daydream and learns family secrets through Starclan, she would develop a sense of sarcasm and humor, but not bitterness. She would grow to be more like Daydream. She’d still have moments of weakness, such as healing her parents, or learning of her littermates, though she’d have confidence and belief in herself.
Plot ideas: When she goes to Starclan for the first time, to get accepted as Medicine Cat Apprentice, she is greeted by two tiny kits, hardly a moon old. She learns that they are her littermates. She awakens in tears and relies on Daydream to help her question her parents about it and fights to grow belief in herself and break away from her parents.
Woly Poly *cringes*

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; January 24th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.