View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Shrinking Violet

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Hoot stayed still as Silence approached and touched his lips with her tail. His eyes widened with surprise when he finally understood what she was trying to say. "You can see what I'm saying!" He exclaimed, hardly believing it. It had made sense to him now. If the she-cat watched the way Hoot's mouth moved, surely she'd be able to figure out what he was saying. He was impressed to say the least. Intrigued too. Hoot understood nearly instantly when he saw Silence expose a claw and shake her head no. It was obvious that she meant no harm. And the tree did look tempting. Hoot's tan paws were screaming for him to put his weight elsewhere.

The Abyssinian stood up and brushed past Silence, carefully, as if she'd break if he managed to push one hair out of place. Hoot was sure she'd needed extra care due to her deafness. He craned his head upwards and followed the trunk of the tree with his green eyes. It seemed to call to him, asking him to climb up its branches, leaving the ground below him. So Hoot did so, completely forgetting about the other cat for a few heartbeats. The young tom stopped just above where Silence was when he first showed up. He could feel the cooler air his his pelt here. A small breeze pushed his fur the wrong way, sending a small shiver down his spine. He scanned the other branches of the tree with analytic eyes.

"This is a nice place you've got here. I can't imagine how you're all alone here." Hoot mewed to Silence, absentmindedly flicking his tail against a twig hanging off of a bigger branch.

[ You're fine! I'm usually bad at quick replies anyways, so I don't expect fast responses from other people xp ]

Silence smiled as Hoot finally relaxed. She watched him climb, then padded to the tree's roots, squinting her eyes as she looked up at him to catch his words.

The little she-cat shrugged. It's not that surprising. She shook her head, pressing a paw to her lips. I can't speak. Then shook her head once more and flattened her ears against her head. I can't hear. She walked in a small circle before sitting down once more, making the motion of looking about. Some said it was like living alone. Silence brushed her paw against the sandy dirt, and the wind swept up a small cloud before whisking it away. Some had other places to be. Nobody stays for long.

Darker memories began to work their way to the surface, and a cloud cross her face briefly as she fought them back. Though I am this far away from everyone else for a reason. Silence shook her head, looking up at him again. She tilted her head, then opened and closed her maw a few times. But anyway, are you hungry?

{Okay! X3}

Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!