View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: Silence's hollow

Hoot felt like his paws were going to fall off. It had been days since he'd left his clearing due to the stranger passing through. The encounter had thrown Hoot off and caused him to lose every bit of motivation he possibly could have had. During the days he didn't leave his clearing, Hoot spent his time curled in his nest, gazing towards the sky. Every once in awhile a bird would fly overhead. The Abyssinian tom had even spotted a new bird he'd never seen before. It was blue and black and it seemed to have one of the happiest chirps Hoot had ever heard. He wished he could be a bird. He wished he could fly away from his problems. If Hoot had wings, the first thing he'd do would be find the most remote place and make his home there. There would be no Twolegs, no dogs, and no cats. This place would belong to Hoot and Hoot alone.

Shaking his head, Hoot forced himself out of his daydream. It was unrealistic, after all. A perfect place like that didn't exist. And even if it did, Hoot wouldn't be able to find it. Besides, he thought. I have the birdbath. He thought this as if it were an amazing luxury that was sought after by every cat. The birdbath was all the young tom had, so he learned to appreciate it, even if it wasn't as great as he made it out to be.

Caught up in his thoughts, Hoot continued to pad forward without direction, eventually making his way towards a hollow that he'd never seen before. The green-eyed tom cast a glance over his shoulder and realized that he hardly recognized where he was. This was the furthest he'd ever been away from his clearing. Excited to be in an area he'd never been in before, Hoot began to sniff around the hollow. It wasn't long before Hoot picked up the scent of another cat, fresh and strong. Hoot froze, paralyzed with fear. He cursed under his breath. How unlucky he was to stumble upon another cat's territory so easily. Slightly panicked, Hoot's eyes began to dart across the clearing until they finally spotted the cat.

"I'm sorry," He rushed to spit out. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I'll be on my way now." Hoot watched the cat for a few heartbeats before he turned to leave. The Abyssinian had only made it a few pawsteps before he realized he didn't know where he was. He didn't even know which direction to go in. Hoot felt his brown tail begin to fall in between his legs. He slowly turned back to face the cat, being careful to avoid too much eye contact. "I wouldn't suppose you know how to get to the Twolegplace?" He asked quietly. Hoot's territory wasn't all to close to the Twolegplace, but if he could at least get there, he'd know how to get himself home.

[ @Raindancer sorry for the length; I tend to go overboard with starter posts xp ]

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic