View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Confuzzled Weirdo

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: Questions, Ideas, and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bandit View Post
The reason why people love Jayfeather is because he's unique and relatable to a certain level. He was born with blindness and he wanted to be a warrior. While he 'watches ' as his siblings become great warriors, he's being forced by some godly power to be a medicine cat. When he first became a medicine cat apprentice, it's obvious while he was speaking to Yellowfang in StarClan that he didn't want this special connection or power. I'd be grumpy and snappy too.
That may be true, but sometimes it seems too much. Most main characters defining characteristic is good, but Jayfeathers grumpiness seems to have taken control. Also, when Longtail lost his sight, he was very quick to accept it, but over 6 books later, he refuses to accept anything, his blindness, his medicine cat status, nothing. It is Cinderpet who just doesn't know when to stop or accept.
Waffle.