View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2017, 04:45 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Lion King|Guard RP {Private}

Kiara snickered, brushing her tail swiftly over the younger cub's ears. "Smart, girl." Kiara, by all means, was not a mean cub. In fact, she was truly helpful, a lot playful, and always tried her best to do anything. Even if she wasn't anything important; Kopa being future king, Kion running the lion guard. Specifically, she didn't know where her place in the circle of life was. With four cubs, she couldn't imagine the stressful parenting that Simba and Nala had to bestow on them. "Let's go. I suppose I can get my paws wet in this moist season." Kiara would never fully attempt to go into the water. Jelani, on the other paw, found the power relaxing. Tigers naturally loved water. And, being part tiger, the miserable cub embraced that side to her. Albeit this didn't work in her favor. Since she was entirely small, lacking true growth, she was bound to drown at some point. Her father, Mzuri told her from time to time to not head into the water. At least, not until she grew a couple inches.

At her sister's playful response, Kiara held her head high. Like a princess would and she jumped easily, effortlessly from rock to rock, making her way down from the great den. Of course, Jelani allowed Kilana to move before she had. Her father told her to respect the royal family, and to always walk behind them. No. Matter. What. So, once Kilana trailed after Kiara, Jelani was stumbling forward, her doey Amber blue eyes cautious with every move she made.

~OWO~

It was quiet. A very serene place. Simba let out a long sigh, sitting down and enjoying the wind coursing through his pelt. Every time that happened, his father was in his mind. Though...what if it were Sarabi? Surely, she was up there. With his dad. The great kings of the past. The elegant queens of the past. Simba blinked his eyes, Kopa sat gingerly next to his father, staring ahead at the vast landscape. Long yellow grass on the other side, hard to detect of anything was over there. Kopa tilted his head for a moment, dazed. Simba didn't both to give his son a look. "Kopa - tell me," he paused. Then continued. "Who is Mohatu?"

Kopa blinked his eyes, drawing out a sigh for a moment. His claws aimlessly drew in the dirt. He swiveled his ears to the large lion's question. "He was the...first king of the Pridelands." That he knew. Everything he knew about the beginning of the pridelands because Simba constantly quizzed him on it.

"And, how is that?"

Kopa closed his maw for mere moments, thinking, trying to find the accurate answer in his mind. "He was a very noble lion." Kopa said, his voice failing for a moment. Simba nodded to his sons, expecting him to continue on. "All the animals respected him greatly because he led them from a...miserable water drought." The great Mohatu would never be forgotten. Kopa only learned so much about the dark chocolate king. Yet, that was expected since he would become king himself. Simba smiled, fluffing out his mane.

"Correct." The father cleared his voice. "You know, the pridelands is still young. I'm only the fifth king standing here. And, one day, my son - you'll be the sixth. The pridelands is your other cub. As a king, you must nourish it and protect it. Mohatu was a great lion. And, everyone loved him. My grandfather, Ahadi was more reckless than the first king. But, that was only because Ahadi wasn't born royalty -"

Oh boy, how many times have he heard this story? As Simba rambled, Kopa unconsciously found himself trailing along to what his father was saying, recalling each tail of a different king. Ahadi was a rogue lion who had no manners. Princess Uru fell in love and the two became mates. Mohatu tried to teach Ahadi the way of being a king...Then grandpa Mufasa came along. He was a wondrous king like the great Mohatu. Too bad he had fallen to his brother Scar...now, that's a lion Kopa wondered about. But, he had been too scared to ask such questions to his father, so he brushed them aside.

"......Taka was apart of the lion guard. He ruled it, but he became too power greedy and lost his chance. And, killed my father. So, of course he's counted as a king. A bad king. The very first bad king and would be remembered by..."

The golden cream cub had been distracted. In the distance, a ladybug flew over his nose. When it landed, Kopa went cross eyed for a moment, stifling in laughter. His father was still talking, trying to teach him, but Kopa been heavily inclined to the ladybug's intention to play. As it flew, Kopa jumped up. His steps light and unheard as Simba continued on about the lions of the past. Kopa pawed at the ladybug, following it with a bounce in his steps.

Now, this is what he wanted.
To have fun.

"Hey," he growled, crouching low into a playful stance. "Get back here - you!" He shouted, jumping up and following the dear ladybug across the pridelands. He wasn't going to lose this chance! Ladybugs were good luck! He had heard it before...or was it bad luck? Kopa didn't have time to care. The eldest cub jumped after it. Once it landed on the ground, he crept forward. His tail flicked in the air.

Wait for it...
Crept slowly.
Wait for it...
Stalk.
Wait for it...
POUNCE!

"Gotcha!" He grinned, entrapping the small creature between his paws. His ears perked up, and when he removed them; the ladybug definitely wasn't there. Kopa felt his ears dropped, and he looked up.

"Where am I?" Pretty much looked like a desert. But...how did he end up here in the first place?

@Random Melody