View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:12 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Skyclan Dog Patrols

@Troutleap124 and @Pluto

Grousestar flicked his tail lightly as he took head of the patrol, his head clearing slightly for the first time in moons as he began to get his senses about him again. It had been a while sense he went out, been a while since he stretched his muscles, been a while since he.. He felt like someone again. Albeit this was not the situation he hoped for his clan, especially considering he refused to pick a deputy because the pain of losing Auroraflame still stung deeply. His head would clear fully soon enough he was sure, after these canine menaces were dealt with, he would find a deputy.
Glancing briefly at the cats behind him, the brown tabby leader broke into a run, ready to attack this problem head on. It was only a few dogs right? Skyclan should be able to handle that easily enough, they were a strong bunch of cats who have certainly dealt with much worse in Grousestar's mind. He didn't bother starting conversation; he didn't have anything he wished to say at the moment.
Yarrowpounce trailed slightly behind, jaws clamped shut as always, hating the silence that filled the patrol as they headed out of the safety of the camp. It made him all too aware of his heart thundering in his chest. They would be facing dogs, probably large ones with huge, sharp teeth, made to tear into the tender flesh of cats. What if he wasn't fast enough? What if he was torn apart before the very eyes of his clanmates, of his clan leader? What if he died with the final thought of being an ultimate failure?
Gulping audibly and feeling his stomach churn uncomfortably, he desperately looked to the other three of the patrol, smiling wanly. "Have you guys ever fought a dog?" It was a stupid question, but he couldn't remember if some of these cats had been on the journey to where they now settled, had to go through the twoleg place in order to arrive. He himself was there on that journey, and while he hadn't fought a dog, he certainly encountered one. Besides, the point of the words was to start a conversation, to try and get his thought off of what they were currently running towards, and actively seeking out.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?