View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2017, 05:18 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Lion King|Guard RP {Private}

"Smarter than you." Kila chuckled teasingly, reaching out to bat her sister's tail away. When Kiara began leading the way, Kila stood and bounded after her, but dropped back slightly suddenly to walk beside Jelani. "So, 'Lani," The golden cub smiled slightly over at the Tigon, her amber eyes bright. "Real sorry about Kion. If you want, I can beat him up when he gets back." She offered, looking completely serious, but of course she was joking. She'd never hurt her brother. Unless it was for a very good reason, at least. But still, she could get a few swipes in. Kila knew that, for some reason, Kion distrusted tigers. But Jelani was good. And Kion had no right to be mean to such a sweet Tigon.

~~~O3O~~~

A tiger, older than Kion but younger than Lucifer, padded through the desert. His large paws skimmed over the sand with ease, used to the feeling beneath his pads, and his intent brown eyes were fixed ahead. He heard his brother, Sam, bickering off in the distance with Lissie, and heard Lucifer snap at them, telling them to be quiet. Nigel was following the scent of a rabbit, however, uninterested in any of them. His nose was pressed to the ground, and when he accidentally inhaled sand, his head shot up immediately, letting out a loud sneeze. Great, he'd probably scared the rabbit off now. "Nice going, Nige'." Nigel hissed at himself, tail flicking contemptuously. For a moment his thoughts flashed to Kion. The cub had been one of the best hunters in camp. Which, mixed with his obedience, made him a pretty good slave.

Nigel huffed to himself and pushed forward, claws sinking into the ground with each step. Suddenly, he squinted. Was that a.. Cub? Nigel's eyebrows raised curiously, and his eyes narrowed faintly as he neared, the outline becoming more clear. "Runt?" He mumbled to himself, his brown eyes wide with interest as his pace picked up. Surely Kion wouldn't have been so stupid as to enter the desert again, would he? The tiger slowed as he neared the cub, however, and he groaned inwardly. That wasn't Kion. That was someone else. Disappointed, he debated on leaving, but he paused. The Sabers needed more slaves anyway. But he was alone... Nah, he could take the cub.

So Nigel turned back, and continued forward. "Hey, there." The tiger greeted Kopa as he neared, giving the cub a once-over. He looked a bit like Kion. A bit paler, and with a brown mane, different colored eyes.. But the same facial features. Nigel stared for a moment before speaking again. "Who are you?"

~~~O3O~~~

"You should get outta the water." Natasha advised, her gaze running over Kion. His name rang some sort of bell. Eclipse had mentioned something about him before, hadn't he? The tigress frowned for a split second, thinking deeply. Was this the escapee? The one that got away? Natasha wasn't sure. She'd seen the slaves in camp, and they all had this... Dullness to their eyes. Kion's eyes sparkled. They shined. He held this air of command to him, of confidence. And yet, Natasha observed as her blue eyes met Kion's, there was still something different about him. Beyond that mask he was holding..

"Ah.. Right." Kion's voice snapped her out of her thoughts in time to watch the cub slide past her, back onto the dry land. Natasha followed quickly, cringing away as Kion shook his fur out. But then the tiger crossed forward, sniffing him again, and Kion just watched her. "So.. Where you from?"

"Desert." Natasha's eyes snapped to his face. Kion's expression changed only for a split second, and Natasha's suspicions were confirmed. This cub had been a slave. Natasha wasn't sure how long ago it was, but it had happened. Kion's face was masked in the next instant, and Natasha quickly changed the subject. "Where are you from?" As she spoke, she crossed forward and, much to Kion's surprise, rasped her tongue down his fur, cleaning the water off. It was the least she could do.

Kion shuddered under the touch, but only because it had sparks erupting. He didn't cringe away like he would have, had this been any other tiger. He stayed where he was, almost feeling comforted. How was that even possible? A second passed, and Kion realized he had yet to answer her question, so he quickly responded. "O- Oh. Ah - I'm from, Pride Rock." He said quickly, nudging his nose toward the huge stone.

"Oh?" Natasha's head turned briefly to study Pride Rock, way off into the distance. "That's a nice place."

Kion grinned slightly, which took both of them by surprise. "It's been here since forever." His words made Natasha giggle. Kion's heard skipped a beat, and in the same second, he decided he loved that sound.

Natasha chuckled warmly, watching him. But her thoughts were racing. If this was the runaway, Lucifer was still looking for him. And both of them were right near the desert. And she also knew her father was patrolling at the moment. So, in a quick, spurt of the moment decision, Natasha spoke. "So, I've always wanted to explore the Pridelands. Care to show me around?"

Kion would have refused. Really, he would have told her to take her tail back to the desert and stay there. But something about her... Kion just couldn't bring himself to be mean to her. She was.. Different. She was.. Kion couldn't explain it, but he couldn't bring himself to hate this tiger. Not at all. So after a moment, Kion smiled, and he nodded, and he padded forward a bit, gazing over the Pridelands. Natasha followed and stood at his side, and Kion cast her a glance. "I think you're gonna like it here."

@Constellation

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust

Last edited by Random Melody; September 30th, 2017 at 05:19 PM.