View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2017, 06:27 PM

My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Ashnose zoned back into reality and looked forward to meet the yellow eyes of a she-cat. The tom eyed the other cat. His first thought was that the she-cat was just a mere apprentice. She looked young, definitely not too much older than Ashnose was himself. However, the she-cat's name didn't end in -paw, but instead held the value of a warrior status within the Clans. Willowfur, as she said her name was, seemed familiar to him. He knew that he had seen her around before, but had never had a reason to interact with her. Shockingly, he hadn't even known her name before now. He began to think of all of his Clanmates; the Clanmates he was so very protective of. A little bit of guilt rippled through him as he realized he didn't know his beloved Clanmates as well as he thought he did. There were plenty of cats in the Clan like Willowfur that he didn't know well at all. For StarClan's sake, I didn't even know her name! He'd have to work on expanding his circle of friends, he decided.

"Ashnose," He introduced himself, returning the she-cat's gesture with his own. Ashnose's gray head tilted to the side with curiosity. "I've seen you around, but haven't quite met you before. Why is that?" The tom sat on his haunches and relaxed, curling his tail around his paws. He swiped his tongue over his muzzle and felt his gaze move to behind the she-cat as he waited for her reply. Perhaps a recent hunting patrol brought back a mouse that may crossed the ThunderClan border. As much as Ashnose was repulsed by ThunderClan and its warriors, he couldn't deny the juicy taste of a ThunderClan mouse. He sniffed the air once or twice, desperately trying to catch a whiff of the rodent.
Willowfur sighed gratefully as the tom's eyes came back into focus. She couldn't remember his name, much less if they had ever even talked before. But, she did remember he was a moon or two older than her. She wasn't surprised that they had never met. There were so many cats in the clan, it was only easy to remember who your family was and the high ranking cats. Willowfur sat down, tail curled up in the air behind her.

"Nice to meet you, Ashnose." She meowed, watching as the tom tilted his head at her. Do I look funny? Or is he surprised I am so slim for a warrior? "Well, there are a lot of cats in the clan." She chuckled, responding to Ashnose's comment. She noticed the tom raise his nose in the air, taking in nearby scents. She looked in the direction he was and noticed some cats entering the camp and dropping things off at the fresh-kill pile. "Have you eaten today? I could go grab some prey for you if you haven't." She said, having a feeling on what the tom was looking at.