View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post

The she-cat cowered even more into herself, feeling the toms closeness. Why does he have to get so close! Her ears flattened to her head and was hoping the tom would eventually walk away but obviously that wasn't going to happen. The beautifully marked molly lifted her head up slightly and gazed up at the tom in front of her. She felt the words about to pool out of her mouth get lodged in her throat. Fighting against her anxiety that now wafted off her pelt in crashing waves, the she-cat cleared her throat which was no more than a little squeak.

Mustering up enough courage, the molly pushed herself onto her paws. Her leg locking in the sudden motion. Cursing herself under her breath, she could feel the throbbing pain of the bruise. She had been put on nest rest for a moon after the Evil Era. Surgestorm had told her not to expect to make a complete recovery. On top of the bruise, the bone had been knocked out of place. Surgestorm told her she'd have to do a lot of running and working her joint again, but that wouldn't guarantee the leg wouldn't lock up at certain sudden movements. The she-cat did her best to stand up, leaning on one side more than the other as her leg currently refused to bend or move. Her crystal blue eyes gazed over at his shoulder, almost afraid to look Duskflight in the eyes. It was a terribly habit of hers. Crowheart had managed to get her to look him in the eyes eventually and a few others who were close to her and knew her story before entering WindClan. But this was Duskflight, a tom she didn't quite know very well. Of course, they lived in the same Clan but she wasn't exactly popular or one a clan mate would jump up to get to know. The she-cat relatively kept to herself.

"Uhmm...th-that won't be necessary. I'm o-okay. I think." She stuttered out as she was frozen in place. A pained expression hidden in beneath her eyes. The molly didn't know how to react. And this certainly wasn't the kind of introduction the she-cat wanted to have with Duskflight. So she tried to evade the situation at hand by changing the topic. "I uhh..hope I di-didn't wake you...I am sorry if I may have...kinda pushed my way into your...nest" She swallowed a bit, her voice soft and quiet. Still unable to completely meet his eyes, the she-cat blinked and quickly looked up into his eyes and then to his shoulder again. For most cats, looking at WindCrest's appearance, she wouldn't look like a cat that would be very shy, have anxiety, or act like a mouse-brain. She looked like a confident, well kept, able warrior. I hope he doesn't think I'm weird or..."
[/COLOR]
For a moment it seemed that the warrior wouldn't respond, which only made him all the more nervous. Was her injury more severe? Was there something going on that he couldn't even begin to comprehend; some kind of head injury from slamming into the ground so hard? For a second, he kind of wished he had become a medicine cat apprentice, just so that he could help his clanmates when things like this happened, and that he knew what was going on, and didn't really have to fight. But he knew that would never happen, not for him. He was too old to be a medicine cat apprentice, it was past his time, and he was sure, even if he was younger, he would not be the one chosen to be Surgestorm's apprentice. He wasn't bitter about it, he wasn't even really all that sad, he has come to accept the fact as it is. But in that moment, he did wish he knew more about injuries and what not. Because right now, with her laying on the ground, he felt helpless in his ability to help her as he didn't even really know what was wrong.
And to make his worrying all the more worse, all Windcrest really managed out after those few moments of waiting, was a squeak. "Oh dear oh dear oh dear..." Now his pawsteps were pacing back and forth, his brows creased in worry and his eyes focused on her as he tried to rake his brain for anything that might help.

Then, suddenly, she started to try and get up on her own, much to his surprise. "Oh no, should you be doing that? Are you okay to be standing?" He hated to be a worry wart, but when it came to the safety and well being of his clanmates, he couldn't help but worry. He had always loved his clan and the cats that lived there, and though he was a particularly quiet tom who didn't gossip or talk much, he liked to make sure that everyone was alright. Or at least everyone he could visit and check up on. He might not even say anything to them, he might just sit there in the clearing and watch with careful eyes, observing everyone's general well being and if he could help, he would almost always try to do so. Seeing her lean more one one side, he'd quickly switch over to help her stand a little bit straighter, so that she wouldn't have to worry about falling over and hurting herself more, at least in his mind that's what he believed he was doing. He allowed her to put as much weight as she wanted on him, doing his best to remain steady to be that support for her.

"Are you sure about that? You seem to favor one side over the other..." There was an obvious hint of uncertainty in his voice, but he would let the topic go if she herself believed that she was fine. He didn't have the authority or knowledge to challenge her on how she felt. If she thought she was okay, then that was that, but until he was completely sure she could stand straight on her own, he would remain standing at her side to let her lean on him.
"Well... I'm a truthful tom by heart and will have to admit that you did wake me. It was really no problem though, it allowed me to join the morning patrol and do something for my clan. So if anything, thank you." He chuckled quietly and glanced away for a moment. "Your name is Windcrest right?" His baby blue gaze flickered back to her as he clarified what her name was.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?