View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

Surgestorm moved closer to the kit, his eyes adjusting to the darkness with every passing second. After a few moments of silence, his gaze met her fearful one. He didn't understand why she was scared at first - he wasn't going to punish her after she cleaned up her own mess. Yellow orbs searched pass her to his herb storage, finding it fairly neat. A few similar looking herbs were grouped together, but it was a good job for such an unexperienced kitten. She spoke first, and his gaze snapped back up towards hers at her question, looking startled. I forgot, she witnessed all of that... The medicine cat knew that there was rumors floating around, and certainly Blazingstar was going to announce this from the breezerock eventually. Would it really be okay for me to tell her..? Certainly, she would hear it eventually, but a large part of him just wanted to tell her because he thought she deserved to know. "There was a skirmish at the border. I'm not sure if they lost any cats, but one of our warriors... they didn't make it," Surgestorm spoke softly, his voice gentle despite speaking such drastic news. "Tensions are already high between us and ThunderClan, so this certainly means there is going to be a battle. Blazingstar and his advisors are going to plan to launch an attack on ThunderClan." His heart ached at the words he spoke aloud, already able to imagine the pain both sides would experience from this. He reached past the kitten and slowly sorted the mixed pile of herbs into two separate piles, finding the familiar action soothing.

Oriolekit just sat where she was, trying her best to comprehend everything she had just heard. She had guessed most of it before hand, but it still was a shock to the older kit. She flicked her tortoiseshell tail behind her, trying to calm herself. She was haunted by one word. War. War meant fighting, death and devastation. Oriolekit had never planned her future life, never dreamed of being leader or deputy or even the best warrior ever. She had just thought that she would be any normal warrior, grow up, have a family whatever. She hadn't cared. But warriors fought, warriors suffered. Warriors killed. Her mind flashed to a battle field and she shivered. She knew it probably wasn't good that a kit had been exposed to the fact there had been a skirmish and there was probably going to be a big battle, but she had asked, and she was good with that. She had wanted to know, and she had expected the answer to be bad. She couldn't loose her mother because her mother was a queen, but anything could happen to her father. She didn't even know him. Suddenly Oriolekit decided she had to find her father. But before that happened, she needed to pester her mother until she found out enough about him to find him. "Surgestorm, may I leave?" She asked, knowing that she didn't need to ask permission, but asking made her feel better.