View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2017, 08:51 AM

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: “Hello Old Friends” {Private}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

[ The thing is, what would make dodge wanna leave? Maybe blue belle ends up catching the rabbit and puts it into his face and maple catches lots and than dusk brings something really impressive and starts saying how he doesn't really need dodge or... I'm not sure just spit balling. ]

Blue belle looked over her shoulder at maple and watched him look dazed, as always of course. As they padded along she looked at each bush and root searching for any type of prey, than she heard a loud thud, and turned just in time to see maple nearly making out with a tree. She couldn't help but surprises a slight giggle and knock him gently with her tail. "Your too self absorbed you know that right" she said in a playful way as she trotted ahead and continued her search
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue Wishes:. View Post

(( i was thinking something of the sort. something like that or Dodge just gets tired of living with them somehow. what do you think? @Rubinaito @Aleka ))

Maple was still in a bit of a daze from the tree, snapped a little bit back to attention by Blue Belle. “You make it sound like it’s a bad thing!” he scoffed. “Who wouldn’t be into me?” He added, almost being protective over himself. He stayed behind Belle after that, not wanting to disturb whatever she was doing. Sure, he wanted to talk his mouth off, but he knew when to stop. After all, Belle was catching food for them! Hopefully it wasn’t just for herself anyways. They wouldn’t let him starve, right? Of course not, he told himself, he was just simply being irrational. Then again, you never knew... He told himself not to think this way, keeping a steady pace as he followed Belle, not really checking to see if Dusk was following, since he assumed the other tom would be too grumpy to even care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleka View Post
(I like Celestial's idea, though I would like to see what @Rubinaito thinks)

Dusk was too busy fuming and ranting in his mind to have the idea of prey cross his kind once, thanks to it being laced with others that were quite less positive. He was trudging through some long grass when a mouse skittered into his path, seeming shocked like he was. He slammed his paw down, but his initial shock had caused his reaction to be delayed. He hissed, considering chasing after it for a moment. But it was just a mouse... they didn't really seem to provide anything. He could find something must for impressive than a mouthful. He broke into a faster walking pace, loping out of the grass. Overhead, he could see a kestrel diving and swooping, which would be kind of impressive, since the surprisingly aggressive birds could put up a fight.

That would really work! Dodge is pretty prideful, and having that taken from them would be enough for him to leave the place.

Dodge's paws skimmed across the grass from where he lounged in a low-hanging tree branch. He wasn't being lazy, per se; rather, he was being smart, waiting for his prey to come to him. It was a tactic he had started using a long time ago when he honestly needed time to think and focusing on hunting made it a little hard to do so. His yellow eyes focused on the same kestrel that Dusk was chasing, unaware of the tom nearby. It would be an impressive catch, but Dodge wasn't going to fight with it. He was getting food, not an award. Maple would probably want a lot of praise if he managed to catch it. The black cat considered, shifting to get a better view of the bird. Then again, he'd probably deserve it. That cat's too busy staring at himself to do anything useful except talk, and even that's just wasting air. He purred to himself with a low chuckle, focusing his eyes on a large plump hare just a few tail-lengths away.
"Leave that rabbit for me! Heck, today will be my day to catch it."
"Sorry, Doll." He murmured, using his quaint little nickname for the girl. "But you snooze, you lose." He stepped forward, preparing himself to bound after the rabbit in a joyous chase that would surely shake the blues away from him- when he felt a small twig crack under his weight, sending a slight crackle through the clearing. He froze, making eye-contact with the rabbit. Darn it, darn it, darn it! He lifted his paws, bounding forward- but the damage was already done. The rabbit, now alerted to Dodge's presence, had leaped away and run into the underbrush, just out of Dodge's sight. He let out a growl, lashing his tail with frustration. "Darn it." He uttered, pacing back and forth before finally slinking into the underbrush to hide in the shadows.