Thread: Brackenclan RP
View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2017, 04:54 AM
The Red to your Blue~

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Brackenclan RP

The apprentice dipped his head respectfully before relocating the scent, pace already slow before he was even at risk of being noticed. Light on his feet, Mousepaw stalked through undergrowth until his prey was in sight, a vole nibbling at the grass ahead of them. As soon as Mousepaw spotted the creature, he crouched down, trying to remain balanced as he slunk forward. His steps were light, his position downwind as his ears perked forwards. He still hadn't been noticed.

The small tom had managed to get mere mouse-lengths away, a single pounce would finish the job, though... He hesitated. What if he pounced too early? What if he missed? By the time he'd worked up the courage to try, the small creature had noticed him, immediately darting away just as he'd almost hooked it with a claw. Mousepaw hissed with inward frustration as he watched it escape, head hung in shame. This was not a good first impression at all. Why had he missed? The apprentice had managed to catch prey before, so why was this such an issue? The long-furred apprentice looked back towards his mentor, at a loss for words. That must have been why... He was so concerned with his posture and timing that he'd managed to lose his kill.

"I-I'm sorry... I don't know why I couldn't..." He had trouble looking Embersong in the eye, his eyes instead focusing on her paws. He hoped she wouldn't be disappointed in him. He knew he'd have to try his best to make up for his mistake.

( @littleChristmasdragon )