View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

@Empress Of Evil

Birds chirped endlessly in the blossoming forest around Skyclan's camp, filling the ears of the leader as he settled down into a nice, sunny spot near his den at the Skyrock, laid out on his side as relaxed as a cat could possibly get. Or so it seemed at any point. Tail flicking every now and again, the emerald depths of Grousestar's eyes were fixed up at the sky with a light smile. Wait.. Not at the sky, no, he was looking at the canopy, watching the birds he could see up there. Watching them as they chirped with one another, as they flitted from branch to branch, as they dove and flew and lived their lives so up high from the rest of the world.
If there was anything in this world that could relax Grousestar, it was bird watching. Whenever a cat couldn't find him, whenever he wasn't in his den, doing a border patrol or spending time with other cats, he was watching the birds with all the fascination of a kit. Ever since he was little he enjoyed watching those avian creatures. He could spend hours at a time simply observing them, and when it came to hunting them, he would give them the most respect out of any prey, not that he ever disrespected any, but he believed that birds were the most deserving of his respect. When he ate a bird he made sure to not waste a single thing, again, not like he intentionally wasted any part of any prey, but he would make careful note not to for birds. One could say they were his favorite animal, if that was a thing, or perhaps his favorite species of prey.

Sighing quietly to himself, he would close his eyes and indulge himself to the songs of the many birds of the forest, letting it fill his mind for a little while, take away the weariness and stress that was plaguing him currently, allowing it to relax him better than any herb could.
Chest raising evenly with calm breaths, Grousestar could feel himself relaxing, a gentle smile forming on his lips. This was his favorite season by far.
The sun dappled his brown fur, warming it unevenly, occasionally disappearing with a passing cloud before returning, a gentle spring breeze rolling through for a moment, causing some tufts of his short fur to stand before flattening again. The leader wished that all days could be as relaxing as this. But being what he was, he knew that relaxing moments like this only came in small doses. He would need to think about what to do next for his clan.
But for now, with his eyes closed, mind focused on the birdsong, the leader was completely at ease.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?