View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2018, 11:07 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Are these character prefixes alright?

Just a reminder that all plants and animals native to the north-east region of the US (around Maine) are fair game for any clan -- as far as I'm aware since this is based in Maine. Any plant/animal found in the Americas is fair game with reasonable explanation if fairly exotic (SkC, outsider history, etc), cats only know so much so common animals found are fine (Bobcat, Beaver, Woodpecker).

I have no idea what Aacadia is unless you mean Acadia as in the first settlement in the US. In that case, that would strictly be outsiders. If you meant Acacia, then outsider history only. Mutton would be outsiders as well. Mongoose are not native to the Americas, would have to be outsider only.

Alligator/gator I would recommend Skyclan/loner history since they're native to the south of the US. Whale/dolphin/seal is iffy on my part since those are deep water mammals (excluding seal), so I would be safe and say Skyclan/outsider history on those -- double check with Luna on those. Boas are found in similar areas as gators so I'd probably keep that to Skyclan, for future reference, Python would be outsider history only as Pythons aren't native to the Americas. I'm aware of the Burmese Python found in Florida, but it's an invasive species and cats would simply see it as a "snake".

Puffins aren't in Alaska, they can actually be found in the ocean off the coast of north-east US so I'd say you're probably safe on that, but for future reference, penguin would not be okay.

The Alaskan ones I'd have to say outsider history on. Any from Hawaii would be the same since those areas are way off/rather secluded. Galliwasp is a rather specific name for a species of skink and cats would not know that, outsiders only. Skink would be fine though.

Any other specifics on animals, I don't mind helping you out with as it's basically my job to know things like that in real life.

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; January 14th, 2018 at 11:12 PM.