View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Writer/artist

My Mood: Hungry
Default Re: ~Kill the Queen~ {A wings of fire story}

Chapter 1

Eland

Note:This chapter was written over time, and during that time, my writing style switched from 1st to 3rd person.

I am Prince Eland of the sandwings. I have been called to this kingdom by the queen herself. She did not specify why i must come, but it my mother told me it is of utmost importance. My mother, Queen Gazelle, is queen of the sandwings. She is rather new to the role, so it would make sense she sent me here right after the queen of the seawings asked her. Queen mosasaur has never been trusted, always hiding away in her palace and writing letters to strange dragons. It doesn't help that she has a PROTECTIVE MAGICAL SHIELD surrounding her kingdom that KILLS any dragon trying to get in that is not a seawing or trusted dragon. Hopefully she has lowered the shield for me and my guards.

When we arrived at the shield, a dark green seawing with splotches of a rusty color, very unusual for a seawing, was waiting for us. He introduced us to himself as Stonefish, the head of the sea palace. Then, he gave us some bracelets, one for each of us. They weren't that impressive, a strong and thick gray leather strap with the ends tied together and a chunk of blue jade in the center. As a prince, I had to raise an eyebrow. This wasn't the treatment I was expecting for royalty.

Stonefish told us that these bracelets would let us breathe underwater when worn. My guards were a little reluctant to put them on, but after they were all tightly on our wrists, Stonefish led us underwater.

I was amazed when I opened my mouth. The bracelets worked! I signaled to my guards that it was safe. When we reached our first town, I realized that seawings weren't reclusive spies, but great dragons of culture. Shops and restaurants littered the streets. Stonefish took us into a cafe called “The ocean floor cafe” which served the best fish I had ever had.

We traveled through a few more towns until we reached a strange tunnel. My guards raised their spears to protect me if it was a trap, but I assured them i felt safe. We swam through the tunnel for quite a few minutes. The exit was a big wooden door covering up the hole to what was beyond it. I turned around to reassure my guards of my safety and what I saw when I faced forward again was beautiful

It was your stereotypical princess palace, but smaller and a lot more pretty. It looked like the palace was made of pearl. Of course i wouldn't know being a Sandwing prince. My eyes travelled down until i saw the face of a new dragon staring right at me.

"You here to marry me? Because im not interested." it was a smaller than normal pale blue Seawing. I was honestly flustered when she said that.

"N-no. Im here on important tribe relations business." i stuttered. That's just about when i saw the tiara of this dragon's head. "Oh... Sorry, princess.."

"Don't you be kissing my tail unless you want a slap across the face." her pathetic high-pitched voice hurt to listen to, but i had to be like a true prince .

"S-sorry ma'am. My name is Prince Eland. Your mother requested me to be here." he held out a talon for her to shake.

"Seagull. Princess Seagull." she rejected his friendly jesture and started walking twords the palace.

"Welcome to the nightmare kingdom."